CT Scan

LeeLee1908

Good morning everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š!!! Tomorrow is my first scan after Bilobectomy in September. It was supposed to be a PetScan but insurance did not approve but approved CT. Oncologist was trying to get in approved since I already met my deductible for the year ๐Ÿ˜‰ I see pulmonologist on Thursday and Oncologist Monday. ย ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿ’•ย 

Hello Merry Christmas Eve everyone ๐Ÿ˜Šโ€ฆ

Just an update on my ct scan. ย I went to pulmonologist today she said there was a ground glass on upper left lobe that grew slightly from previous years it went from 7mm to 9mm. She said radiologist said itโ€™s flat and is leaning towards inflammation. She agreed thinks itโ€™s more inline with the upper respiratory infection from last month (pleurisy). She also said radiologist said itโ€™s to small for biopsy and PetScan.ย 

Itโ€™s also the lung that I had pneumonia in a few years back. She said lungs sound clear and right lung is fully inflated incision is completely healed and chest tube incision should start to shrink. Next I see oncologist on Wednesday for lab and to get his thoughts on ct.ย I will update next week after my appointment. Merry Christmas everyone!! โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’š

LeeLee,

Sounds like pretty good news to me and very welcome. ย Most nodules (~60%) are benign and are a result of infection, inflammation or irritation. ย It sounds like your pulmonologist is seeing it that way. ย Have a great Christmas. ย Immerse yourself in it, make wonderful memories and know that your Lungevity Family here is always pulling for you.

Lou

Iโ€™ve had months of experiencing ground glass opacities in my poor sick lung, as a result of pneumonitis. ย I hope your oncologist helps sort out the CT results and works with you to create steps you feel good about moving forward.ย 
ย 

Karen

๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿพ Happy New Year ๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽŠ everyone!! ๐Ÿ˜Šโ€ฆ

Just an update on my appointment with the oncologist. He basically reiterated what the Pulmonologist and radiologist said. He said heโ€™s gonna order a PetScan for March to get a better look at it. He said PetScan in August showed there was a little infection as well (allergies) . Told him still dealing with nasal congestion and mucus. He also said the lymph node was still enlarge thatโ€™s the arm my vaccine was in(I got Frozen Shoulder)Since I got it biopsied he wasnโ€™t concerned.

He said after my shoulder manipulation next month he can send me to get a lymphatic message.ย 
I also asked him about the nerve pain in the front he said it could last a few more months to years ๐Ÿ˜ณ I asked if there was something for daytime I could take that doesnโ€™t make me drowsy like Gabapentin does he mentioned Lyrica. He was gonna prescribe it but insurance donโ€™t cover ๐Ÿ˜ž ย He said they donโ€™t get samples so to ask my primary to see if she has any.ย 

I also mentioned to him that I found this forum and itโ€™s been very helpful and informative ๐Ÿ˜Šย 

I hope everyone has a blessed New Year ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰

LeeLee,

Happy and Blessed New Year to you as well. ย It seems like your oncologist feels that things are under control and I hope that the shoulder manipulation and massage both help you to have relief. ย Stay in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Lou

• 2 months later...

Good morning everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š Update!!ย 

Iโ€™m going in for my 3month scan this morning for the left lung nodule.
Oncologist originally recommended PetScan but after talking with two radiologist (they stated it was to small) he changed it to a CT with contrast.ย 

I also had my right shoulder manipulation under anesthesia done in January with 6 weeks of physical therapy so hopefully that will help with the right swollen lymph nodesย 
I will keep yโ€™all updated on the results ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿ’•ย 

Good to hear from you again LeeLee...the smallness of the nodule is a good sign. ย All fingers and toes crossed for a good scan. ย I also hope your shoulder continues to improve.

Lou

• 1 month later...