Spot on Spleen, anyone else?

Cin

I just had my 1.5 year CT scan and my lungs are clear (yeah!)  but it shows a spot on my spleen.  My doc looked at last scan and it was there there but very faint compared to yesterday. I will go for an MRI in 10 days, but I'm wondering if anyone has had this? Thank you, I'm so grateful for this site, I feel less alone.

Cin,

Oh my. I can’t recall anyone reporting lung cancer mets to the spleen. I’m sure it happens but in all my years hanging around this forum, I’ve not seen it mentioned.

Hopefully, your spleen spots are like my phantom nodules. Here one scan, goner the next. Great result for your lungs. That is worthy of celebration.

Stay the course.

Tom

@Cin, when I had my first CT scan 3 years ago, it showed a spot on my liver. I was surprised that none of my doctors was concerned about it, but it's been long gone. Hope yours disappears too. Congratulations on the clean lung scan! 

@Cin We each go to our unique dark corner whenever there's something different. I'm great until after the dust settles, then I crawl under the bed for a while before I can function again. 

I have a fatty cyst on my liver that the scan-readers remark on, but no one cares, so I don't either. Even a few nodules that appeared didn't get any of us too excited-- they were just too teeny. And, in fact, they disappeared. 

I hope you can take deep breaths and walk through this with a bit of confidence. You can do it!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I met with my surgeon and he said it's not cancer and we'll keep an eye on it. Then he added casually, if things change we'll just take out your spleen! Don't get me wrong, he's a great thoracic surgeon, Dana Farber, and I wouldn't want anyone els ... But his lack of bedside manner sometimes makes me laugh.

You all understand these post-test results can be such a relif....

• 5 months later...

I too have a spot on my spleen. It as remarked on many scans ago. A tiny cyst. Unfortunately it keeps growing and during my last pet scan, which showed great success in my lung  -  mostly gone and the remains very inactive  , the spleen cyst showed mild suv. As noted by all of you doctors are  skeptical it is from the lungs which responded well to treatment. Not a place lung cancer goes. But still scheduled for MRI this week. At best another delay in start to immunotherapy .  By the way for those who were following my dilemma about having surgery following high doses of radiation and chemo., I chose not to have it with input from the surgeon. He actually agreed at the end.