It's been a long time

TJM

Hi everyone. Hopefully some remember me. Sorry I dropped off the forum. Many excuses. None good enough.

Quick update. I have been NED for almost 4 years now. Have had some complications but overall ok. As a reminder. Stage 3A Large cell. Had the RLL removed, Chemo and radiation. Also had a PE in left lung long after treatment.

Just noticed a good size lump jus below my Sternum. Middle. Have done some research and I think it may be related to the LC. Curious if any of y'all have ever experienced or heard of something like this?

Missed you guys. I hope all are doing well.

Tom

Hi TJM,

If your question is having a lump post-surgery then I did not experience that after my RLL.  But if it is something that has newly formed then of course my advice would be to get to the doctor and determine what it is.  If perchance it is a recurrence then "yes" I've heard about it, but at this point that seems to be jumping way ahead of the game.  Please get checked out and let us know what they determine.  My prayer is for good news and that you NED continues.

Lou

Hey Lou. Glad you are still here!

I will get it checked out for sure. But I am always trying to stay ahead and avoid surprises. I've also lost a ton of weight since January and not trying. Sporatic (very) vomiting with no nausea and several other "weird" symptoms that have been bothering me for many months. Have discussed this with my docs (all brand new) who are not concerned. In many ways I feel like I am starting over totally with my providers.

This lump does concern me but my August scan was deemed NED. Unfortunately neither my onc or primary felt qualified to review my scan in detail. They relied on the impression which was stable. But now I have something a bit more concrete for my Onc to consider

Not terribly concerned yet. Most likely they will advise monitoring it to see if it changes. Probably feeling something normal that was hidden under all that fat I shed!

Enjoy the Holidays

Peace

Tom

Hey Tom

I do remember you. Sept 2021 i joined this group and you were the first one to respond to my post. All of you helped me when I needed it most. It's a miracle going from stage 4 to NED 6 months after starting treatment. It's good to here from you again. Sending prayers your way my friend 

Chuck K