Anyone have a metastasis to the scalp

Kamoto

I had my chest and abdomen CT scan last week, and no evidence of disease.  However, I have a sore on top of my head which bleeds daily and hasn’t healed for almost a month now.  I see Oncologist next week, but was wondering if anyone had this metastatis.  I’m guessing this is a symptom which will necessitate a PET scan.  Seems 19% of Stage IV NSCLC jump to scalp.  

Kamoto,

NED on your chest and abdomen-- WOW! What a wonderful result.

I don't have experience with a sore that doesn't heal. It reminds me of old TV commercials about when to check with your doctor, which you're doing. May I, with a little gentle humor, remind you of your last foray into self-diagnosis? Not a fun time. 

I'm selfishly glad you told us about this-- I've had a weird thing on my arm that I really should get checked out. Ugh. Maybe I need to make an appointment with the dude who did the MOHS surgery on my nose (for some skin cancer.) So, thanks. I hate calling more doctors, really hate. But ya gotta do what you gotta do. So, thanks. And I'll be thinking of you. Please keep us posted. 

K

• 3 weeks later...

Yet to see oncologist, as driving over there is a nuisance.  I finally had some dental work done.  I’ll go in the new year.  I’m less worried about the scalp issue.  I think my Tagrisso is affecting the healing of anything.  I sharpened my knives for the holidays, and cut two of my fingers.  The dam cuts won’t heal either.  I was squeezing lemon juice into my apple pie mixture, and it burned like heck.  I think I’ll call the pharmacist for Tagrisso and ask her what to do.  Merry Christmas to everyone.  

Oooh, apple pie!

I hear you about knives-- I ended up in urgent care 4 days ago to get my finger glued. (He wanted me to go to the ER, but he took pity on me....) I hope your holidays are peaceful and happy. 

• 1 month later...

So went to dermatologist.  You won’t believe this.  I have a 3rd distinct cancer.  Basal cell skin cancer.   They want to cut the rest out, but I said no cutting until the oncologist says it’s fine.  I see him Monday.  Wonder if he will allow it.  

Stage IV Lung

Stage II Esophagus

Basal Cell Skin

He will.  It's immensely curable.  The most common cancer (3m+ a year) in the most common location. Assuming It's still small since the dermatologist was willing to take it.

Are you Japanese? If so basel cell carcinoma would be extremely rare (.26 per 100k or about 400 a year in Japan)  even more so than the extremely rare squamous but still immensely curable.

• 1 month later...

Japanese?   No Italian.   Italians don’t need suntan lotion, we use Bain De Solei for the St Tropez tan.  Lol

thanks Karen, yes doing well

I've never used sun screen or tanning lotions.  Believing since I've never burned I didn't need it. Now I find out that I can still get skin cancer and my mom who's spent way less time in the Sun than I has had spots cut out .

Then somehow I missed I'm supposed to avoid sun exposure while on Avastin. Maybe selective memory.  

Kamoto 嘉本 can be a Japanese name.