thinking of you, Nancy B.

Fay A.

Hi Everybody,

I met with the surgeon this morning. The nodule (1.2cm) is too deep into the lung and too close to the heart to attempt a needle biopsy. He feels that there is a good chance that it is not cancer but then there is a good chance that it is. It could be a met from a cancer in another part of my body or a new primary lung cancer. He is scheduling a PET scan to rule out other cancers but will have to do surgery to determine what this is. He will try to leave as much of the lower lobe as he can. My lung function is almost 99% so he feels I can tolerate having the rest of the lung removed if necessary. Just an awful lot to take in right now - not quite sure how I am feeling or what I am feeling.

Our son is racing in Las Vegas this weekend and I am going and I am going to have fun. I told them not to schedule the PET on Friday. He said there is no big rush so I can probably go to my niece's wedding on May 15th.

I am really glad you guys are here to talk to - my husband is having a really hard time even talking about it.

I may try to get to chat tonight but I sure don't want to put a damper on the party. Oh, the surgeon also is having a conference on Monday with other surgeons, pulmonologists and oncologists - he will present my case and see if anyone else can come up with a better idea.

Hugs and prayers for all of you - thanks for being here.

Love,

Nancy

Being in Vegas . . .sounds like a wild time. I know that for me

stress = spend money,

which is why I have none.

I invite you to live on the edge and let your hair down.

gail

PS I had an excellent therapy session yesterday, and would recommend therapy to anyone going through this stuff

Nancy B-

Thanks for letting us know what YOU know...which is still somewhat up in the air:

a good chance that it is not cancer but then there is a good chance that it is.

Maybe the PET will be of more help, I hope so. In the meantime, keep opening up those peepers every day and go have monstrous fun!

Praying for NO CANCER!

Well Nanc, it looks like your on that waiting list again. (sorta) :roll:

Besides, when he gets in there, it might show an entire different picture and it may not be as bad as you think. I'm praying for that!

We were just in Vegas over April 12 - 16th. Weather was AWESOME!

You go and have yourself a DARN GOOD TIME!

Good luck to your son in the races!

So sorry you and your family are going through so much right now Nancy. It's likely shocking to all of you...after the past 4 yrs in remission. Benign is the word we're looking for. My hopes for strength and empowerment are being sent today. Good luck......