2 CT Scans on Monday for pain - prayers please

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Onc has insisted I go through another bone scan and a thoracic spine scan because of the continued pain in my back - and oh does it hurt.

I would very much appreciate it if you could say a prayer for me or send positive thoughts my way - whatever follows your beliefs.

I will be facing this alone as usual and the thought that other people are thinking good thoughts or praying for me will keep the fear not so close as it is right now.

Thank you.

Guest Phyllis

Hi, I am so sorry you are having to do all of this alone. I can definitely relate to the whole fear factor at testing time. I hope everything goes well. I will say a prayer for you. I also know that at the church I sometimes go to there are people who would be willing to go with me to appointments. I was also thinking of asking the American Cancer Society about volunteers for this. Sometimes it is difficult to depend on your family for all of this. I have been at the hospital in the past and noticed that some of the patients were with people they did not know very well. Though most of the time family is good, but I think I would not mind getting to know other people. Good luck.

FWIW, When my chemo was finally starting to shrink my 5cm tumor down to nothing, I had a lot of back pain. I complained to my infusion nurses about the pain and they suggested I might want to consider the possibility it was a good thing (reflecting tumor kill and the toxins released by necrotic tissue).

It turned out it was. In my case a full remission resulted. Since then I've had a progession (rats!) and am now involved in a non-approved but very appealing therapy. Once again I have back pain at the site of the known tumors which always coincides with the timing of my alternative treatments. Needless to say I'm hopeful it's a GOOD thing once again. I can't say whether others have had similar experiences or not. I've never asked.

Best Wishes and prayers to you, Dave S

I pray every night for each and every one on this board and for all the people that are suffering and are not able to be in a "Family" such as this. I believe God hears all prayers and there are power in numbers. You have my prayers and please let us know how you make out soon. God Bless you.

Thank you all for your support. It is most needed. Please, if you would, keep all prayers coming.

MaryAnn, I'll tell you a secret (not any more!) when I take these tests I let myself feel that one of God's angels is standing by and holding my hand. I tell myself that white light is pouring down from heaven and there are faeries watching the techs carefully to protect me. (I'm Irish - I can't help the faerie part :-)

But sometimes I can't do it but I keep trying.

Please add my prayers to the list as well.

I am praying hard for clean scans and a simple muscle pull or strain.

My husband had some bad back pain for a while, and we went through a battery of tests and scans. The bone scans came out clean and they determined it was most likely all the stress causing severe muscle knots in his back. I will be praying for the same diagnosis for you.

Carleen