Lung cancer ribbons????

Fall54

You can also call ALCASE at 800-298-2436. They will send you an information packet about lung cancer. Included with the packet is a plastic lung cancer ribbon. I wear mine all the time and get many questions about the ribbon and am asked what it stands for.

Also should you go to http://www.alcase.org you find Stories of Hope, references to all kinds of lung cancer supportive literature, list of lung cancer activities and events, information about women and lung cancer.

Also there is another group, which is devoted enitrely to women and lung cancer, called WOMEN AGAINST LUNG CANCER and they have a website www.4walc.org . Also, if you wish, send me, by email at: dgrant@merr.com your address and I will gladly send you a ribbon, as I have a supply for the upcoming lung cancer golf outing on July 16, in Baraboo, WI. Baraboo is located approximately 45 miles north of Madison, WI, and 15 miles south of Wisconsin Dells. Funds raised from the golf outing will benefit lung cancer research under the direction of Dr. Joan Schiller, at the University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, WI. If anyone wishes for an entry form please email me at the above email address and I will send one snail mail. Entries are due by July 2 and are limited to the first 160 people. A pig roast will follow the event. There will also be a silent action. The goal is to raise $15,000 for lung cancer research.

Hope this information helps and also shows that many of us are out here working for the cause.

There are lot's of lung cancer buttons on this site for sale but no ribbons. This has come up a few times in the past. Maybe Katie can find a supply to sell here. I am still waiting for the information packet I ordered from ALCASE over a year ago. :roll:

Katie,

Choose Hope offers a "bulk rate" on ribbons - 50+. Maybe with a link to THEIR site on YOUR site, you MAY get an even better rate....(and they CAN'T cost that much to make, grosgrain ribbon and cheapy little safety pins..)

Hummmmmm! I have had ton's of complaints from Group members, via Internet Group and My Support Group regarding ALCASE not returning people calls, or not getting packets they ordered, or even not getting ribbon's and other items that they ordered. Hope they are doing better these days on helping Lung Cancer Patients/Caregivers. I did comment to them regarding these issues about a year ago and I guess nothing has change. To bad! :roll::roll:

Is there someway we could just get ribbons made up? If we can get bottons, and other stuff, why can't we get ribbons? Just a thought! I'm guessing that the breast cancer ribbons don't just come from ONE place?!

Well, it would be WONDERFUL if we could get lots of donatons, but most of our regulars are very generous with there givings and we are SO appreciative of that.

Non the less, I am going to see if I can find an outfit here in MN that might do them cheaper then $2.50 :shock::shock: HOLY CRAP! It can't hurt to check around. So, Katie, I'll do some checking in my neighborhood, and I would like to ask others to maybe check in there neighborhoods as well. Lets get some prices from different outfits on doing ribbons. Sound like a PLAN??? HOPE SO!!