My turn to vent (this is Karen) warning this is long!

Karen,

elaine had a good suggestion about anti-anxiety or depression meds. Can you believe a good idea from Wichita, Kansas (ha ha Elaine! To those who don't know, Elaine and I are both here in Wichita) but

seriously good idea...

As far as taking Faith away, I'm not so sure about that being a good idea. I just don't know. Alex was here most of the time (spent quite a few nights at grandma/pa's house) but I don't know what the right thing is. I think you should listen to your "mama gut" if you know what I mean.

Hugs to both of you.

Karen,

Talk to his DR right away and tell him what you and Faith are going through. There has to be another treatment he can use to either subsitute for that one or one in addition to that one that will calm him down. I feel so bad for him also because I am sure he would hate to see himself this way. Drugs do some crazy things to people. I dont think you should leave but I do think you should find another route to this problem. My prayers are with all of you.

God Bless,

Jane

Lol. I am not suggesting that you leave David for good or anything. I just thought maybe someone could look after Faith for a few days. I am glad to hear you have some family coming in for support. Sounds like you have things under control. I just didn't want Faith to be scared.

love to all three of you

elaine

Thanks everyone.

I think all is better today. Dave had been gradually decreasing the steroids and he didn't take one yesterday or today.

He seems alot better today insofar as steroid-craziness goes, but feeling really bad from yesterday's chemo. I almost stayed home with him.

Thanks for letting me vent and all the advice. I think we got through the storm.

Joni - know what you mean about whether to take the kid away or not. Faith for the most part seems OK with everything but I hear at daycare she will cry for no reason every now and then (sounds like me). but she's better off in her own bed and house unless things are really bad. In fact, every single day when I pick her up she looks at me hopefully and says "mama, home?" I mean almost begging, she just wants to go home, poor dear.

Dave's parents will be here in a couple of weeks and that will really help with everything.

Fay: Dave says he's followed the step-down program the doc told him to do to get off the steroids. I thought it was just to reduce the dose, but I'll trust that he got it right - he says he did.

Thanks everyone,

Karen C.

Karen,

Glad to hear Dave is doing better and things are calming down. You can relax a bit. One has to really be careful when coming off of Decadron. I was on it for five months and had to come off very slowly. The side effects as you know are terrible. I came off of it the first time too quickly and ended up in the hospital for a week. I had oxygen deprivation (sp?) and pneumonia. I was put back on low dosage and weaned off very slowly (2 months) and it worked. My radiation onc. helped me get off of it, not the pulmonist who put me back on it while I was in the hospital. He forgot I was on it. The side effects were not as bad on the lower dosage of the Decadron. You and your family are always in my prayers. Dave is very fortunate to have you and I know he knows it too. This is just another small bump in the road and it will get better...

God Bless,

Karen

Karen,

Thanks for letting me know Dave did the step down. (Folks, it is very dangerous to abruptly stop taking steroids without your doctor's knowledge and consent. )

I'm relieved that the storm has passed, and that you are all okay. And Karen, thank you again for understanding what I was trying to convey in the 'Me On Steroids' post. I know that this is just Hell for you, too.

Karen,

I am a Johnny Come Lately responder to this post but:

1. Sweetie you vent as loud and often as you need to

2. So glad things have calmed down

3. You deserve a medal, with taking care of home and hearth and family, the long daily commute, the pressures at work. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.

It is good that you will have help.

Love,

Just a note to say that all is well again at home. very well, except for Dave being beaten up by the chemo treatment. but the yelling is gone and everyone is getting along just fine.

Now I look back and think, hmmm, that was only about a week of psycho-husand, that was a piece of cake, why was I so worried about it?

I guess because for two or three days I just didn't think I could take it for one more day. But I have to remind myself that I can and I will. And if it happens again I will try hard to remind myself that I can and I will.

Thanks everyone for letting me vent. Sometimes I just don't have anyone to talk to that will understand except for BeckyCW (Dave's sister). My mom understands but I don't want to get her worried unnecessarily while she's also fighting cancer.

God Bless us all,

Karen

Just a note to say that all is well again at home. very well, except for Dave being beaten up by the chemo treatment. but the yelling is gone and everyone is getting along just fine.

Now I look back and think, hmmm, that was only about a week of psycho-husand, that was a piece of cake, why was I so worried about it?

I guess because for two or three days I just didn't think I could take it for one more day. But I have to remind myself that I can and I will. And if it happens again I will try hard to remind myself that I can and I will.

Thanks everyone for letting me vent. Sometimes I just don't have anyone to talk to that will understand except for BeckyCW (Dave's sister). My mom understands but I don't want to get her worried unnecessarily while she's also fighting cancer.

God Bless us all,

Karen

Karen

glad things are back to a new normal. No need to apologize. Also what you said about how much harder it is for the young to forgive, that's so true. I shudder to think of a couple of people, that when I was younger I believed that while I could possibly forgive, I couldn't possibly ever trust again. But as we age, it's much easier to both forgive ourselves and likewise others. I guess we just learn that to be human is to have frailty, and that all of us do.

elaine