Tribute to DavidA

luvmydog2

Knowing how much David meant to all of us and the impact his death has had on us, I'd like to suggest we do a tribute to him. His body is going to lie in state from 10 - 11am Friday. What does everyone think of the idea of our site being down for that time? Is this possible Rick?

Bruce,

I think the site should remain up. Those surfing the 'Net at that time seeking hope would not know of our grief and suffering and would miss out on finding their way here.

I would think a moment of reflection for members would be more 'respectful' - or even a final "DavidA" chat where we all reflect on who he was and what he meant to us would be a more fitting tribute...

Just my thoughts,

Becky

Good point Becky. I like the Chat idea too. I would be happy to host it but I will be away from my computer tonight and probably tomorrow until late tomorrow night.

What about one last "Tuesday Night Chat With DavidA"? Perhaps more people can plan to join with a few days notice. If anyone feels this title is not appropiate (sp), we can change that. I like this idea already. Perhaps Rick or Katie can send out a mass e-mail notifing everyone of the date and time.

I have never been to a chat and dont even know how to go to one. If it is through aol messanger I dont have it.

Jane,

Our Chat is different than AOL. You simply go to the top of our page and clik on "Online Chat." A screen will come up where you simply type your name and at the bottom of page you click Chat. There are 3 Chat Rooms but I have only saw 1 used. Any questions... just holler at me. Hope to see you there. Oh, you can use any name not necessarly Fall54. You will see once you get there. Practice now. No one is there but you can enter. :):):)

The original suggestion to be on chat during the time David will be in th church prior to the funeral mass would be 10 - 11 EDT. That would be 10:00 for New York, Michigan, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio... 9:00 CDT - Lousiana, Indianapolis (and other eastern timers that don't observe day light savings time), Kansas... 8:00 PDT for California, Washington, Oregon.. 7:00 ADT for Alaska.

For the original Tuesday night chat, it begins at 8:00P EDT.

Did I confuse ya'll? Hope not...

I am leaving Sunday to go camping ( 1st thing I have done all summer) till Thursday Morning. If you have it Tuesday night I wont be able to be there but it is appropriate that it should be either then or tomorrow morning. Please let me know when a decision has been made.

God Bless You all,

Jane

OK I am back now. My wife and I took a few days off and we went to my sisters. No we didn't go to Dollywood. :lol:

What do you all think if we have Tuesday Night Chat in honor of David? The regular time is 8 EDT and 7CDT. I am not sure about Mountain and Pacific Time. I think maybe one or both doesn't recognize Daylight Savings Time. Can someone shed some light on this time? If no one has any objections to this, I'd like to dig up some of his post and jokes and post them throughout the chat.

If anyone does have any objections then we can go on with regular chat and not do this.

Hope to see you Tuesday night. Oh by the way, you will have to talk to Ry about the fine for not being there. :lol::lol::lol:

This is such a nice gesture Bruce I am not gonna fine you for leaving town without a hall pass. I don't know Bruce I mean most of those jokes were bad enough the first time (sorry David I couldn't resist that). David would love thiis.

I'll see you there around 8. I will tell you the funny thing that happened at David's funeral...

Frank....Michigan time is the SAME as Pennsylvania time, EST... and I thought that I was geographically challenged!!! :wink:

And Bruce..I like the new pic ...is that pre-Dollywood or post-Dollywood??

I'm not geographically swift, but I did work for National Geographic.

8EDT is 7CDT is 6 MDT (except in AZ where it is 5:00) and is 5 PDT. In October this will all change from DT to ST and we can run through this again if you like (hopefully, not).

Muriel K