Update on Pops

kitkathi

My brother just called me a little while ago. My mom ended up taking my pops to the ER tonight. My dad's heart was giving off wacky ECG readings like firing twice etc. They thought it was a faulty pace maker ar first but they finally concluded it was the fluid build up again pressing on my dad's heart and his lungs which is why he was having breathing problems. So they admitted him and will drain it again tomorrow. Well at least I will be able to sleep tonight knowing that he is in the hospital in case something else crazy happens. I had this weird feeling in my stomache a few hours ago. I just knew something was up and I was praying that my mom had the sense to take pops in because sometimes she goes into denial and my stubborn dad, he never wants to "trouble" anyone. Thanks for your prayers everyone. I'm sure they are helping.

kitkathi

Hi All,

Pops is still in the hospital. The haven't drained the fluid yet. They have decided to run some more tests today (ECG, stress test etc). They think he might have some blockage (he has already had bypass several years ago). But what was more stressful on his heart was his roomate. They put an alzheimers patient in with him (nothing against alzheimers...grandma died from it). The gentleman, bless his heart, walks around the room talking to himself and then starts talking gibberish. That alone really isn't a big deal but he keeps on going over to my pops and bothering him. Also, when anyone calls my pop the man picks up the phone and starts talking and won't hang up. So it is like a three way call except the person is apparently talking to someone other than me or my pop. So I had to call my brother and tell him to talk to the hospital. Five minutes later he called me back and said dad is getting moved right away. Again, pop doesn't like to complain but he was clearly stressed out about the whole thing. What a three ring circus. Anyway I'll let everyone know what the doc's say today. Poor pop, he keeps apologizing for the "bad genes" us kids have probably inherited. I told him a few bad genes in nothing compared to the bunch of good ones!

Thanks for all your prayers.....you all are truly an extention of the man (or woman) upstairs!

kitkathi

I am glad that your dad is having those issues taken care of. I certainly know what you mean about being glad that he is in the hospital. My dad also does not want to 'trouble' anyone but when his comfort is at stake then this is the next best thing .... at least until things can be managed. He is still in the hospital as I type and we do not know when he will be coming home. My mom has so much to deal with that it is a relief for her to know that the technical stuff is being monitored while he is there. It is an awful lot for one person to deal with. I'm sure you mom feels relief of a sort too.

My prayers are with you. I can certainly identify with you.