New mets in the brain - shoot!

carrie

Hi Everyone,

I have not been on here for awhile due to some problems I have been having. I was suppose to have finished up chemo but the triple dose really knocked me down, my onco decided to hold off for a couple of weeks but I did not get any better. 7 weeks later I am not feeling any better and actually got worse, a little different symptoms. We had a CT/Pet done and it was pretty much clean except for a spot that is on my esophogus (could be from radiation). However, last week I kept getting sicker, severe nausea, weakness, headache. My onco called me in and put me in the hospital and did an MRI of my brain that day. It came back with two tumors in the optical part of my brain. (1 is 1cm and the other is 2cm) from what he can tell they are not embedded so should be able to be removed easily. My surgery is scheduled for Thurday on this week 11/4/04 and I have peace that all will be okay - however I would like to hear from anyone that has had this done, the after effects such as memory loss, eyesight, etc. I would also like to hear of anyone that has had WBR to kill any seedlings that may be lurking after the fact. I would like to know what that does and what the potential side effects are. I am at peace with this and know God and my faith will get me to where I need to be, I would just like some others experience with this.

I thank you and God Bless.

Carrie

I have completed 10 wbr radiation treatments for 6 brain mets. All very small 2-3mm. I completed the wbr 2 1/2 weeks ago and the main complaint I have is severe fatigue and weakness. A little bit of short term memory loss and I still have headaches. I won't have a follow up MRI for another few weeks as the radiation continues to work for a while.

Praying for success with your surgery. You must be scared! I'll be thinking about you.

TAnn

Hi Lori,

I had a brain tumor removed in April, 2004. It was just one (1CM) then had stereotactic radiation in June 2004. I was extremely tired for about a month and then bounced right back. According to nurses and nuerosurgeon, there are no pain receptors in the brain, so there was no pain for me. The tumor was in the Cerribellum area (Sp?)and it controls my balance. I was on Decadron for several months an started off low on that (max 2mg per day)... No WBR, can't give any info on that. If you want to PM me, that's ok. Wishing you well and lots of prayers and hugs...

God Bless,

Karen

H Carrie,

I did in fact have WBR (10 sessions) back in Feb of this year. It was to kill off any unseen tumours and was followed up by stereotactic surgery to remove the 3 tumours that they did see. All went well. I had fatigue and short term memory loss, nothing I can't live with. Hope all goes well with you.

Keeping you in my prayers.

God Bless Us All..

Francine