Thank You!!

karenl

Well, I said my next post would be in the Good News forum, and here it is!!

Just wanted to thank everyone so much for their good wishes, prayers and positive thoughts. Mum saw her Oncologist today and her scan showed shrinkage in the primary tumour - not sure of the exact % change, but the dimensions have gone from about 5.8 X 4.0cm to 5.0 X 2.5. She has some other very small spots on the other lung which have remained unchanged.

Needless to say, we are all thrilled. Mum's reward for this good result was approval to continue with the clinical trial, so she headed straight down to the ward for more chemo :roll: .

It's good to be able to breathe again.

Love to you all

Karen and Jana

Karen,

I can't express the feelings I had when I had my first scans for restaging and was told there was "significant" shrinkage. I know just what you are all feeling, but especially the patient!!

For me, it was all so cloudy and unknown at first, and to have that positive reinforcement come when it did was invaluable. It renewed my commitment to treatment and my motivation to stick with it.

I'm so very glad to hear this from you all -- happy Thanksgiving!!

Di