In Memory of my Mom

Connie B

Dear All,

I just felt the need to share with you that on July 1, it will be 16 years that I lost my Wonderful mom to SCLC. She was 66 years old at the time and I lost a wonderful mom & best friend, and my kids lost a Loving and Caring Grandma.

In Loving Memory of Lorraine L. Michaud who passed away July 1, 1987 of Small Cell Lung Cancer at age of 66. Mother to, Connie Berchem.

I still miss you mom!!

I just need to share a little story with you all regarding my mother and my Granddaughter. Not only did I lose my mother on July 1, 1987, I also became a Grandmother for the FIRST time on July 1, 1999 to my beautiful Granddaughter Ashley. My daughter had tried for 2 years to get pregnant, and for her to have my granddaughter on July 1 the same day I lost my mom......... I'm guessing my DEAR AND WONDERFUL MOM had something to do with that happening! :):)

Love and Warm and Gentle Hugs to All,

Connie,

Thank you for sharing that story with us. I do believe that the ones we love, who have gone home to God, show us in small ways from time to time that they are never far from us.

Your grandbaby's birth was a gift from God, with a reminder that your mother was there sharing in that blessing. She lives through you, and your children and through your sharing will live through the generations.

Connie - I do believe your mom is still in your life every day and the perfect proof of that is your beautiful grandaugher. I do not believe it was a coincidence that she was born on the anniversary of her great-grandmothers death... My thoughts are with you on this anniversary of the passing of your Mom. Love, Sharon

CONNIE,

BETWEEN THE GOOSE BUMPS AND THE TEARS FLOWING DOWN BOTH CHEEKS AND THE NOSE RUNNING, WELL, YOU REALLY MADE ME REMEMBER MY LOVING MOM ALL OVER AGAIN. SHE PASSED AWAY 8/3/71 FROM NSCLC. SHE WAS SUPPOSE TO HAVE BEEN CURED. MY FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH LC BUT NOT MY LAST..... GOD BLESS.

Hi Connie,

I can understand the sadness you feel about your mom. She knows

what an inspiration you have been to us on this board and I'm sure she

is very proud of you and happy that your lovely grand daughter was

born July 1 to bring a new hopeful joy to your life instead of remembering

only her death.

God Bless you

Marsha S

_________________________________________________________________dx 12/01 with Stage 11B Adenocarcinoma nsclc. Right lung

removed 1/02., 4/02 spread to lymph nodes, restaged 1V, chemo

of taxol/carboplatin 6 treatments starting 5/02 ending 8/28/02 -

been in remission since and glad of it