Surgery Successful

Katester

I returned home from the hospital on New Year's Eve just 4 days after my wedge resection. I had to spend an extra day in ICU because I was unable to keep anything down. After many hits and misses they discovered it was the epideral that was causing the nausea problem.

I ended up having to use non-narcotic pain reliever Taradol for the pain and it only touched the surface of the pain most of the time.

I seem to be doing okay although I didn't expect it to be this painful. If I had been able to handle the drugs it would have been easier I think.

The good news is I am cancer free!! I am not sure what the recovery process is like in the next few weeks but each day seems to bring new hopes alive and the light at the end of the tunnel appears brighter. I can't imagine myself going through any other treaments such as chemo and radiation after surgery as many of you do. This alone whooped me.

You all are my hero's and thankyou for your many words of support.

Kate

Kate,

I'm so happy to hear that your surgery was successful. Three cheers for NED!!!! Others will come on with ideas for you on how to help the pain. Also, a while back, somebody posted a long and very helpful list of ideas on post-surgery. I think it was Tiny, but I'm not sure. I'll see if I can find it for you and post it here.

Take care and take it easy.

Love,

Peggy

Glad to hear your good news. I started with an epidural but it fell out! So they gave me a PCA , that only took the edge off. So I know what you are saying . It will get better. Donna G

so happy to hear your good news, simular to mine, it has been 3 months since my surgery upper right lobectomy and I too could not belive the pain but was told it would be terrible. Yes I agree could not imagne having to have further treatment although alot of others have had or are having treatment after surgery, my thoughts are with them. My best advise to you, walk walk walk, that is what will help you recover the quickest, I am now up to 2 miles aday and my right lung has expanded well according to my doctor.

nsclc adenocarcinoma 2.5 cm nodule rt upper lobe

surgery 9-27-04 right upper lobectomy

ex smoker age 43

no lymph involvement

no futher treatment :) [/url][/code]