My house got "egged" last night!!!!!

Addie

Like I needed that with hubby gone and the eggs are 20 feet high on a palladian window over the front door. :?

You'd think kids old enough to drive cars could think of better things to do with their time, wouldn't you? Anyway, we've got a fine mess on the window and some on the house siding too. I remember hearing a noise after dark, but when the dogs went on alert, I just told them to cool it, that it was ice falling off the roof. Never got up to look or gave it another thought.

This morning when I noticed the egg on the window, I nearly slapped myself on the forehead because no ice would be falling off the roof after dark!! That happens during the daytime when the sun is out. Duh!!

Anyway, aside from that, had more bloodwork today and thank goodness my WBCs are back up in normal range. They were 2.1 on Friday. So...no need for antibiotics BUT the fact that I also complained about a little light headedness lately (which is fleeting and sporadic and seems tied to if I've eaten lately or not) caught my onc's attention and I'm having a brain MRI on Friday to check things out.

My brain MRI in Oct. was clean and I had PCI in Nov. So I'm not really worried. But then again, I had a clean CT of my gut on Jan. 3rd and 6 weeks later, it took an MRI to show a pancreas full of mets and four tumors in the liver! :shock:

Better safe than sorry. I'll have the MRI and make sure.

Meanwhile, I was gonna have a bacon sandwich for dinner tonight....but it just reminded me of the eggs on the window, so I had PB & J instead! :)

Addie, Many years ago I ticked off some local teen rabblerousers.Got the house egged when I was away.The bad news is that the longer it don't get cleaned the more damage it does to the house & its a son of a bugger to clean.

This clean up should be put on the top of hubbies to do list.

Well...anyone egging our house from the road would be signed for pro baseball... :wink:

Our big complaint is the bass on cars that drive by - it's not that you hear it, it's that you FEEL it...makes my freakin' teeth hurt, and we be back about 140 feet from the road!

Addie, I'm so sorry you were targeted and when you were home alone, too! To be honest, I'm glad you DIDN'T go outside when the dogs alerted you, maybe someone was trying to get you outside to be worser....no flamin' bag of poop, right?

Take care, Addie. Hope that brain pic shows you to be empty headed yet again!

xxoo,

Becky

Oh Addie,

I'm sorry. As if there isn't enough crud to deal with! This kind of reminds me of the old "Rosanne Roseannadanna" skits from Saturday Night Live, "if it's not one thing, it's always another" (I think I just aged myself). Anyway, good luck with the clean-up.

God bless,

Melanie

Addie,

Really glad to hear your counts are up and you are doing ok. It's amazing how much better you feel when your blood counts are up isn't it? I am sending positive thoughts for the brain MRI. It does sound like you just need to eat more to get rid of the light headedness.

Yep, I remember from back in the day that if you don't get those eggs off asap, it will do permanent damage. Sorry you have to deal with that right now.

TAnn

Addie...so glad to hear your counts are up but sorry to hear that kids in your area are so bored and lack creativity!!! Such a shame. It's the same here in Florida. I found an egg shell in my yard last week but saw no evidence of any damage on the vehicles or the house. My neighbor said I was lucky, as the cars up and down my street had been egged the night before. I'm in the corner house, so I guess they ran out of eggs before they got to me! Frank is right about getting it cleaned up as soon as possible. Guess I know what will be on your hubby's Honey-Do List!!!!

Glad your counts are climbing, but sorry you are having to deal with the egging. The guys are right, though, when they say the egg needs to be cleaned up ASAP. Many of the best examples of primitive painted artifacts were done using "egg paint" made from powdered pigments and egg yolks. That stuff is durable.... as measured in eons.

Maybe you could write a letter to the Editor of your local paper talking about what happened, and how it feels to live in a community that raises these kinds of young people and turns them loose on the world.

My options for clean up are limited. We are talking a 16' ladder, at least, on a front porch that now has 5" or so of new snow, a blowing wind outside and wind chill in the single digits. I wouldn't ask ANYONE to get up on a ladder in these conditions.

Most of the egg is on the window....but there is a dribble down the siding on the front porch too. If it does damage....it does damage. Ain't much I can do about it now.

And Fay, you mentioned exactly what I thought about....a letter to the editor. But....I don't want to encourage some little twirp to do another drive-by egging...so probably won't bother with that. I did call the police to let them know....in case they get calls from others.

I raised my boys to know that "character is what you do when you think nobody's looking!" Apparently, not everyone around here does that. :?

I don't know about THAT, Addie...seems you have some REAL characters in your neighborhood!

Spankings were a GOOD thing, I'da been scared of getting my butt beat for something like that! Never egged nobody's house...never played Mailbox Baseball... Boy, I missed a lot!

Hope all else is well while you are hermit-ing!

Addie,

I just don't get it. What is with kids that do that stuff? Why don't they put their minds to good use and, at least, have some, or at least, try to have some understanding of someone else. I guess it's because they haven't learned or been around long enough to understand. I don't know. Hope some of them have some remorse today. Maybe someday, one of them will think back and be sorry about what they did. Oh well, anyway, hope you're feeling better. Think about 5 things good about today and let us know. It makes you feel better!

Joanie