Andrea how is your Mommy? (home update)

Calintay

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrea,

I am still telling you - this is ALL going to turn out good!!!! I KNOW it. In the meantime - prayers for Mother and REST for you, young lady!!!!! What good are you all tired and everything??

Waiting for more good news - great news even.

Kasey

cut and paste again

Hi everyone,

Well my mom, the lioness (you know, big female cat with the beautiful coat of hair with 9 lives) just got out of the hospital. We have lots and lots of friends at Hoag!

The lioness said she is glad it was her in the hospital and not me or my dad b/c she would not have handled it. So here is what I survived: ICU, being told she may not be ok, being told her hospital stay would be a few weeks at least, watching her gasp for air saying she cannot breathe and observing nurses and doctors rushing in, being told an emergency team was called in to put her on a ventilator, being told it could be the cancer, being told she had congestive heart failure (she doesn't), etc, etc.

Bottom line: My mom has 5 lives to go because 1)she survived lung cancer so far; 2) she survived a fatal pulmonary embolism from chemo in 2004; 3) she survived a brain anyerusm and 4)she survived Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome, ie drowning in her own lung/heart fluid, approximately 20lbs of it!

What exactly happened may never be known. There are lots of theories floating around about what happened, but I won't bore you with the medical mumbo jumbo as most people are not as fascinated by it as I am. All I know is that my mom is a lucky lady as everyone at the hospital said! Sue will be playing lotto this week with numbers my mom picked ;)

Getting her discharged today was a 5 hour process because each doctor had to sign off and the neurosurgeon, radiologist interventionist, hospitalist, endocronologist, oncolcogist, pulmnonologist, and cardiologist all had to be called :) It was a big party, lots of doctors involved. Each in awe and shocked and pleasantly surprised by the recovery.

Now she has to take it easy. She can't exercise or do much. She has to follow up with lots of doctors in the next few weeks. And of course she said the first thing she had to do when she got home was exfoliate her face and put on her Chanel face cream.

Thanks to everyone for all the love and prayers!

Somehow I missed all this till now...but am so glad your mom is home and has come thru most of this with flying colors. Would be nice if they had come up with a reason for some of it....eh? :roll: But still important that she's recovered enough to get sprung LONG before 5-6 weeks went by!

Your mom is one tough lady, Andrea. I think I said that once before but it bears repeating. Good thoughts headed her way for continued recovery!

Andrea,

That is a miracle. :mrgreen: A complete turn around. I know it had to be so many prayers out there from so many people, sent to your mom.

She is some tough cookie!!! I have a feeling you are a chip off the old block. You have also been put through the ringer.

I am so happy for your mom, dad you and the rest of your family. :lol:

Keep us posted on her progress.

Prayers for continued good news. :wink:

Maryanne

Well Andrea,

I, for one, would ALSO be fascinated by all the medical mumbo jumbo!!!!!! But All I will say right now is this - I told you so!!!!! You gotta listen to me. Didn't I tell you?

I am SOOOOOOOO happy for you and your whole family! Would LOVE to meet that wonder woman mom of yours. Make sure she follows orders, now.

Good wishes coming your way,

Kasey