No gallbladder surgery, it's worse

Justakid

Hope your daughter's birthday is wonderful.

Tell her we send wishes for lots of birthday treats and presents.

Also want to remind you that you will LOVE the port. That has been the best thing for Bri.

We are sending tons of love and singing Happy Birthday really loud.

Brat

Beth,

So sorry to hear this news.

My mom started Avastin plus 2 other chemo agents in combination 3 weeks ago. Her onc also had to call the pharmaceutical company to get compassionate care approval. Her insurance company rejected payment for the same reason as yours.

So far, the fatigue has been pretty much worse than any other treatment, starting on day 4. Her nails look like they're dead on the ends and new nail tissue is growing underneath. Plus, the neuropathy is worse, especially in her fingertips.

Of course, your experience may be different if they add different chemo drugs in combination with Avastin. And of course, we are all praying for NO ALLERGIC REACTION with you this time!!!!!

Make sure you follow yor GB diet - don't wanna irritate that sucker and wind up with emergency surgery.

Best wishes to you,

Karen

(((Beth))),

This kind of news never gets easier does it, but in time we learn there are disappointments, there's bad news and devastating news. This seems like a little bad, but still manageable. I can't tell you how much I wanted everything to be much better for you. I prayed really hard and I'm still praying. Remember nodules come and go and those lymph nodes can shrink. Tomorrow is a new day . We love you. Prayers coming your way.

Love,

Sue

Hi Beth,

Dam_ for the crappy bad news. Looks like we are going through some bad luck news lately. :shock:

Hang in there, take one day at a time. You will get through this. You are one of the bravest people on here. I hate when these detours get in the way of our destinations but you will get back on the right road again and will get that gall bladder taken care of.

First things first.

Sending prayers your way, Beth.

Maryanne