No gallbladder surgery, it's worse

Justakid

The doctor called, there are more nodules in the lungs and more lymph nodes in the center of the chest that are infected. Gonna try Avastin if we can get someone to pay for it. Can't have gallbladder surgery. It's worse and I can't believe it!

I knew it was bad, trying to hang on, it's hard.

JAK,

Sorry to hear your news. Have been hearing good things about Avastin though so I'm hoping you'll be able to begin that one. Everyone needs to find their own magic bullet.

Prayers are being sent for much better days ahead.

Janet

Beth,

you know the drill. The day of the news is always the worst. There will be a plan in place and a new fight will begin. Please hang on. You have come so long and are in NO WAY a quitter. Ok so this is a setback. But give the Avastin a chance. Your young and a fighter.

Cry today, but get mad tomorrow and fight, fight, fight.

Beth,

hugs from us

Love from us

empathy from us.............

Avastin is something we are researching............as Brian needs to begin another treatment..............everything I read is good............

Please keep a good thought and breathe and know we are here for you...........

We just have to wait for them to find the right weapon against your 'bug'.

hugs and love

Brat

Beth,

What the ............ more nodule thingies and lymph nodes. Does that mean they are all bad? Any shrinkage or improvement of the others? You can't catch a break.

Sounds like ya gotta get a plan together and get it going. When do they wanna start? Hang tough kiddo, just like before. Things were looking so good too.

Hang in there and God Bless.

CharlieD

Like all the others have said, Today is the worst part of it, tommorrow, the new fight begins...If alimta doesn't work for me I am giving the Avastin thing a shot, heard great things about it...Be tough..you have had your share , no doubt, just have to find the right bullet for you, its coming.. Prayers.... gina

Beth

I signed on this afternoon just to see if you had any news. I wish had not now. I am so very sorry. This is just not fair, nor right. I have heard that NCSLC is resistant to chemo but this is crazy. They are gonna have to invent a new chemo treatment just for you.

I dont understand about paying for avastin(sp? Your insurance wont cover it? Does the company that makes it not have a compassionate care program? Where there is a will there is a way.

You and your family are in my prayers. I know today is your daughters birthday, so maybe focus on that, try to forget about this a bit, even if its just for a couple of hours. Then get ready for the next round of fighting!!

Love,

Kim

Thanks everyone!

Trying to believe that the 5th time is the charm. To answer a couple questions.........Avastin is not approved for lung cancer only colon cancer, so my doc feels the insurance company will not pay for it, he is also going to contact the drug company to see if they will cover it. Hopefully since they are still doing trials they will pay for it and include me in theor study from here.

I am scheduled for chemo round #7 on the 22nd so the doc is hoping to get everything cleared up by then. He is worried about side effects and said they would be watching me closely. With my past history.......

Can't believe I can't get the gallbladder out! Doc said I would have to wait 4 weeks if I did the gallbladder to have the Avastin because it can cause bleeding and that the cancer was more important now then the gallbladder (that's kinda scary!) I am getting the port-a-cath put in tomorrow though. We already have the OR reserved so I might as well get it in.

Hang in there, Beth. The doc is right...the cancer takes precedence. That's why I still have my ovaries (for all the good the shriveled up little raisins do me!! :roll: )

Add me to the list who hopes that Avastin becomes YOUR magic bullet. Leap frog yourself over the bad news and fear...and get your head in fight mode. Do positive imagery. Think positively. Tell yourself (as I do) - "I gotta be around AT LEAST for my kids' weddings!!"

We're here for you, too. Hang in and keep us up to date on how you're doing. Sending ALL positive thoughts your way!

Oh Beth,

This is not the news any of us wanted to hear. I know you are devastated at the moment. You should be. BUT, tomorrow is another day and thus the fight begins anew.

I sure hope the Avastin folks will include you in their study. It doesn't seem fair that the insurance won't pay for it but sadly that is the case with the "on trial drugs" in most cases.

I have watched your saga for quite some time now, and I know you are getting discouraged. Just think about Jimbean. He is doing well on his 6th chemo. Take care of yourself Beth. We all care a great deal.

Nina

OH CRAP!!! :(:x I'm sad and I'm mad! As I'm sure you are as well! Cancer SUCKS! Damn it!

((((((BETH)))))))

Hang on tight kiddo! This is a bumpy ride! I know you know that! We're here for you. Wish I could offer and do more then just say we're here for you!

Hugs,

Con