My brave father

rayroy

Dad passed away on 8-2-03 at 10:05 pm. His long battle with advanced lung cancer is over. He outlived his prognosis several times but ultimately his body was too tired to fight. He had immense pain and suffering for months. Luckily, the last few weeks he had very little pain. Antonio Villela was born on October 11, 1925 in Santo Domingo, Mexico. He was one of 9 children. He moved to California in the late 50's and worked as an agriculture worker picking grapes, oninions, and oranges. He brought his family to America for a better life and he did provide a better life for all of his family. He worked as a landscaper for the last 30 years until he was diagnosed with lung cancer. He enjoyed gardening, watching classical Mexican movies, and spending time with the family. He was a family man and did everthing for the family. He put others above himself. He didn't care about material possessions, he cared about people and helping others. He was a very kind man and touched all those that knew him. I believe he is still with us in spirit and in our memories.

I am glad I came back to California and spent quality time with Dad. I will continue to live for him and our family. He wanted it that way. Cherish each day because life should not be taken for granted. Dad would want it this way. I still can't believe he is not here, he was so strong and loved life. At least the cancer cannot hurt him anymore. I still see dad in my visions and memories. I still talk with him and ask for his advice and I can imagine what he would say. This brings me great comfort. I hope all of you fare much better than dad in your fight against lung cancer.

ray

Dear Ray,

What a special man your dad was. My husbands Grandma lived to be 91 years old, she once told me she lived through her wonderful memories of those loved ones who had gone before her. I hope you can find comfort in the memories you were able to create with your wonderful dad.

Ray, so very sorry for your loss, he was truely a gifted man and someone who set the right example. Please accept my sincere condolences.

God bless and may God provide you and your family strength in your time of need.

Be well Ray

Bobmc- NSCLC- stage IIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Ray:

I have always enjoyed your comments and reports on your father. Your reports will be missed, but hopefully your comments will continue and you will remain a loyal member of LCSC. The list continues to grow, as we continue our fight to bring much needed attention to this disease. Your expertise will always be greatly appreciated, especially when one considers that I am a survivor.

God Bless you, and your family.

Ray,

Your deep love for your wonderful father comes through so very clearly in your poignant tribute to him. I'm happy that he is not suffering any longer, but sorry for your pain and that of your family as you mourn his passing. Take care and check in with us when the time is right.

I believe he is still with us in spirit and in our memories.

No doubt about it. After my Dad died, I immediately felt closer to him, as though now he was available to talk to me, to be near me; something he couldn't do when the cancer was stealing all his strength. May you continue to gain wisdom and strength from your Dad for many years to come. You wrote a lovely mini-biography of him - what a strong, dignified and loyal man he was!