When the shoe dropped this time it kicked my butt.

Fay A.

Found out last week that there is cancer in my left lung. So, the plan at this point is to kick back. HARD.

I don't know exactly how I'm going to do it, but do it I shall.

I'm still working at coming off the oxygen, and I'm optimistic that I'll be able to put Igor The O2 Tank aside for at least part of the day. If not I'll just drag him around until his wheels fall off.

Just another character building episode. Today I played in the dirt. Picture this: Straw gardening hat....Respirator with Particulate matter and organic vapor filters, nasal cannula tubing snaking out from the top bit above my nose, long rubber gloves....oh yeah... I wonder how many of the neighborhood kids I scared. There sure were a lot of them squealing as they ran away from the fence! Some of them think I carry my very own missile with me everywhere I go! :D

It isn't what I wanted to have happen, but I'm dealing with it. Onward!

Fay A.

Fay,

:lol: If you can get the weeds out of the garden, you can kick butt and get the cancer out of the left lung. You are a true fighter and I bet you looked beautiful to mother nature out in the garden today. You are one powerful determined woman. God Bless you for your courage and the great will to continue the fight...

Fay,

You're definitely added to my "HEROINES of LC" gallery! I actually have tears in my eyes, but I gotta love your spunk! This darn stuff is so scary and relentless, but you just keep plodding onward, squeezing and wheezing 8) the most out of every day. Let us know soonest what the next plan of attack will be. It goes without saying that your lung and butt and all other body parts will be prayed for diligently.

Dear Fay,

I was shocked to read your latest development. Our cases are so similar. Will they radiate your leg? I've had 8 radiation treatments to my pelvis and they just started to kick in, I believe--either they have started to work or the pain killers are working better.

I too have oxygen, but I don't mind it anymore. I have my in-house converter which allows me to roam anywhere in my house. Then I have a little portable tank that lasts about 6 hours @ 2 liters per hour. It's smaller than my purse.

I really admire you for doing yard work. Sounds like you really have the spirit Fay, but of course I've always known that about you. FF=Feisty Fay.

Thinking of you with lots of admiration and concern,

Ada

If it was just attitude to beat this cancer,stuff yours (the cancer, that is) would have been long gone!!! I know you're going to fight this hard and we'll all be cheering you on. You're an inspiration to many of us. You go get it!!!

Prayers and thoughts with you.

Gail P-M

Faye,

I have been thinking about your post since yesterday. You are such an inspiration to everyone Faye. I even picked up my puny butt to go out and pick tomatoes in my garden! My neighbor use to work at te same agency with me and I can see her peering out to see if I am bald and sick looking yet. Welp, I am. But I going to quit feeling quilty about that. I am sill too prideful, but getting better.

CHERYL

Guest karen s.

Dear Fay,

Sounds like you truly are one spunky lady. Don't know if this will help you put Igor aside or not, but we're looking into it for my husband. He likes to garden too, and he too has an Igor. We saw a segment on TV last night that we've since heard ran on 200 stations about"Breathe Easier with Lung Cancer" We contacted Tulane University, Fran Simon, Public Relations Director in the Health and Science Center at 504-584-3663, her e mail address is fsimon@tulane.edu. She sent us info on Kevin Kovitz an interventional pulmonologist at Tulane who inserts stents after a laser procedure . We've since found a doctor in Florida, and my husband has a call into him right now. We talked to a distant relative who's wife had it done here in Florida, and he said she got rid of her O2, so my husband said it's worth a try. We're running it past the Onc this Tues, as we need a referral, but he's pretty good about those things. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers and as some of the others said...kick butt, okay.