Underwear

daggiesmom

Know what you are talking about.

I call it a sweatshirt.

Here in Minnesota it works pretty good. And I am of the age where it doesn't matter to me what they look like anymore. If people want to stare at my chest, let 'em.

I must admit, I have more lookielou's with my new sweatshirt/bra than I ever had with any Wacoal I ever had.

What-ev-er...

Try looking at the sports bras - not the industrial strength ones, more like the all-cotton pullovers. No hardware, and softer bands. I discovered these for nursing, and haven't worn a "regular" bra since. Of course, I've always joked that I get my figure from my dad (Mom was VERY well endowed :shock: ).

The junior's section might offer a soft cotton cami-style bra for you. I can't remember if it's Hanes Her Way or Fruit of the Loom, but there's an all-cotton cami that comes in white, grey and black. Very soft and comfy. Hope that helps - I don't have scars, but I do love comfort.

Joannie,

Try a medical shop for undergarments worn after breast surgery. They are softer, easier to get into, gentle yet still supportive. If you don't have problems moving your shoulders and arms around, the sports bra would be another option - they're just kinda hard to get into. Camisoles/bra tops that are popular right now can be comfy, depending on the elastic "shelf". Just get one of everything and see what works best for you. For me, it was the mastectomy bra.

Glad to see you're back and can worry about something besides surviving again. Yet another new normal...

My mom is struggling with the same problem. She had surgery on Nov. 10 and had to have another chest tube inserted on Nov. 16. This second chest tube was placed right below her right breast and wearing a bra is very uncomfortable for her. She has tried getting some new bras, went to places that deal with "problem" fittings, etc. No bra is really comfortable for her, but what she does to make it bearable is tape a piece of gauze over the sore spot. That way the bra rests on the gauze and not her tender skin. As soon as Mom gets home, off comes the bra. :) Her pulmonologist told her that this is likely to be tender for a while yet. I wish I had a better solution for you. Good luck.

Joanie,

First let me say how good it is to see you- I've been so busy and haven't had the time to tell you that-

I couldn't even wear a sports bra at first, the first 6 months I just layered - wore stuff that wasn't obvious and always wore a sports jacket, blazer or something over-

I finally got into a sports bra after 6 months, it had to be like 2 sizes too big, but it was wonderful to me. After about a year, I got back into some sort of bra and now I am back to normal (sort of). It still is the first thing that comes off when I get in the door...first bra, THEN shoes.... :lol:

Because of the many scars from the breast surgeries, I know what you are speaking of.

I had difficulty with the radiation after the breast cancer. Now, it was in 1993, but I found that Jockey made a very soft bra similar to a sports bra, but not as heavy. No hooks at all, just stretch.

After the mastectomy, I discovered the Barely There line. They used to make a one piece stretch thing, but I'm not sure if it still available.

When I was at the end of my patience, I walked into a very good bra store and told them my history. They were very knowledgeable and helpful

gail