Scan results!!!!

Shar

Hey all,

I received my scan results last week and all is good. There has been no progression at all!!!!

All that really remains is the primary tumour which is at 1.5 cms and the rest is just scar tissue. Tarceva has been nothing short of a miracle, it literally has saved my life for sure!!!!

I haven't been on here much lately. It just became too sad to read of so many losses. Leslie in particular made me very depressed. I was away on holidays and I returned to read she had passed away. I just could not believe it and still can't. Her and I talked a lot about our experience with Tarceva and she was a great support to me.

I also attend a secondary cancer support group and one of our members passed away last week aged only 38. Two other members have only just found out they now have brain mets to fight. We are only a group of around 8, so we all have become quite close.

So, with all of my good news there has been a lot of bad news around me. It makes me think of what will happen when Tarceva stops working for me. People close to me think I am mad to think like that, but that is how I have been lately. I thought the only way to combat that was to stay away from here and just focus on me. Maybe that is the way to go, I am still unsure to be honest.

Anyway, I still think a lot about the people on here and truly hope everybody is going well.

Sharon

Oh Sharon, this is wonderful news. With only the primary tumor left and all the rest scar tissue, is it possible to reconsider surgery to remove the primary and go for the cure?

I know that other members here have been told they are inoperable and incurable only to have shrinkage and then find another doctor willing to operate.

I asked my oncologist about surgery and he said that it isn't an option. Even though it appears only the primary tumour remains, the cancer cells are still there, just microscopic that's all. Even the CT scan can't pick them up, but they are still there the little buggers!!!!!!!

Sharon-

I'm glad that YOUR news is so good and understand totally that it can sometimes be hard to participate in the board and deal with the realities of our disease on a regular basis. Sometimes I have to take a break, too, and give myself permission to do that as needed. Sending you my best.

Hey Shar....good news about your scan...keep positive and many more will follow...

I understand about how you feel when you come to the board...I felt the same way when I first joined...I thought..."oh no this is too depressing"...but you know what...the more I came and read the more I wanted to come..

and got more and more educated.

I cried...I laughed and got much inspiration from this group of wonderful caring people...I am not on too often either..Not because I don't want too...alway's getting side tracked...you know how that goes....

It is ALWAYS to so sad to hear that we have lost someone...always.....but you know what...I am finally learning to step out of this 'cloud" and get on with my life and not to worry every single day like I used to....cause what is meant for us is not gonna miss us anyway....like getting hit by a truck ....so 'get behind me C"...I am getting on with my life and deal with situation's as they arise....that's my story and I'm sticking to it...:) hugs..PamS.

Hey Shar....good news about your scan...keep positive and many more will follow...

I understand about how you feel when you come to the board...I felt the same way when I first joined...I thought..."oh no this is too depressing"...but you know what...the more I came and read the more I wanted to come..

and got more and more educated.

I cried...I laughed and got much inspiration from this group of wonderful caring people...I am not on too often either..Not because I don't want too...alway's getting side tracked...you know how that goes....

It is ALWAYS to so sad to hear that we have lost someone...always.....but you know what...I am finally learning to step out of this 'cloud" and get on with my life and not to worry every single day like I used to....cause what is meant for us is not gonna miss us anyway....like getting hit by a truck ....so 'get behind me C"...I am getting on with my life and deal with situation's as they arise....that's my story and I'm sticking to it...:) hugs..PamS.