Stopping By to Check on Old Friends

SJAS

Hello to my special friends at LCSC,

I have not been able to come to the board much since

Steve's passing. I would like to say it is because I have been so busy (well, I HAVE been busy...),but it is just difficult for me to be here right now. I'm afraid that my adjustment has not been entirely without some pitfalls.

I just had to check in on some of my old friends and was saddened to see that many are facing such difficult times. I want you to know that I think of you often.

As for us, we are getting through each day. Our sons seem to be doing well. Unfortunately, Steve's elderly mother has not coped well and so I have moved her into our home. None of us had realized how much Steve had been doing to sustain his mother's indpendence. But it is a blessing to have her fill a bit of the gaping hole in our lives.

I have not been able to do as much with our local Lung Cancer Aware group as I would like due to a heavy work schedule. However, I am very involved with the Lung Cancer Alliance CA Steering Committee. It does help me to feel like we are still fighting back.

I send my best wishes to all and beg your forgiveness for my long absences. I continue to be deeply grateful for this website and all the marvelous people here.

Joyce it is good to hear from you. Believe me we all understand how hard it can be to come here sometimes after your loss. I still have a problem with that at times and it has been over 3 years for me now. Do what is best for you but know that we all care and want you to keep in touch.

It is very good of you to look after Steve's mom. I'm sure too that it is good for you. You are so lucky to have each other.

Please take care and don't let work become your whole life. I know how easy that can happen. Let us hear from you as often as you feel up to it. I will pray that the days become easier for you to cope with. Lillian

Joyce,

Take the time to fill your soul again before reaching out to others. We understand. Sometimes, there is nothing left to give and we need to recharge. Take the time you need, lean if you need to, the love and support here go both ways.

xxoo,

Becky

Joyce,

Easy to understand, a rest period helps.

Steve's Mom will fill some of your time.

Keeping busy for me was a way of feeling

better, but still we have to live our grief

our own way before we can see that the sun

is still shining.

Love and Hugs.

Jackie

Joyce,

I my Heart goes out to you and your family at such a difficult time. I only recently joined this group of wonderful people after losing my Father to NSCLC on 11-18-05 he was only 66 years old way to young just like your husband. We have to keep telling ourselves that there not in pain any more and try to find comfort in that.

Stay Strong

Michele

Father Dx 4-01-05 NSCLC

Passed Away 11-18-05 :cry::cry:

nothing to forgive, Joyce. thank you for taking the time to say hello and let us know how you are. I suppose pitfalls are to be expected. I can only begin to imagine how hard this has been on all of you, but I am glad to hear the boys are OK and your mother in law, at least, has you to lean on.

check in whenever you want, we're always here.

xoxo

amie

Joyce it was wonderful to see your Pic again on our boards.... I know it can be tough coming here. So many times I have said... "I need a break, I need to walk away from this for a while" but, I can never seem to pull away, something is pulling me here, so for now, I think this is where I am mean't to be... I think your mother in law is a particularly lucky woman to have a wonderful daughter in law like you...

Joyce, it was so very good to read your post. I am so glad you are there to care for Steve's mom. Please take care of yourself and keep us posted on how life is going. I know how you are feeling right now.

Hi Joyce,

Good to see you post. It is understanable. You do what you have to do. We are not going anywhere, we are always here if you need us.

I see you are working hard. Please take some time for yourself also.

take care,

Maryanne :wink: