st pattys day

myrnalu

1/4 Irish here also. My mom always made us wear green to school in honor of her dad. AT 17 I started yearly taking the bus into Manhattan for the St. Patricks Day parade (and bar hop) with the local chapter of the Ancient Order of the Hibernians.

People don't celebrate St.Patricks Day here like up north. First year I was here, I was at work talking about making Corned Beef and Cabbage for St.Patricks Day and people were looking at me strangely. Hardly anyone had heard of making that on St. Patricks Day and nobody ever heard of Irish Soda Bread.

Strange how customs and traditions vary. When you grow up in one place, you just assume that it is like that everywhere.

100% Irish

(I married a half breed though. )

Here in the Twin Cities we can eat the traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage today! Our Irish bishop said so. We have reservations for the dinner at 5pm at Rascals.

Donna G

SEE MY POST IN GENERAL...

I AM ABOUT 75% IRISH BY BLOOD AND 100% IRISH IN SPIRIT.... DAD WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY...

WE GREW UP KNOWING OUR HERITAGE AND BEING VERY PROUD OF IT. DADDY STARTED THE FIRST THE SAINT PATRICKS DAY PARADE IN GREENWICH AND MY SISTER STARTED THE FIRST SAINT PATRICKS DAY PARADE HERE IN MILFORD. SO WE WILL BE CELEBRATING WITH GUINESS TODAY!!!

1/2 Irish, my madien name is Mahoney :roll:

How I married an Englishman is beyond me. Can you

imagine an Irish girl like me with the last name of

Churchill :oops: (I think Alan got me drunk) and

being Irish you know how we love our Whiskey :lol:

My co-workers are going to have to endure 8 hours of

Irish music coming from my desk today :D