Hi - new to message board

s_meksvanh

Hi - I am new to this message board. I am a long term lung cancer survivor. Non Small Cell, bronchoalveolar cell adenocarcinoma, stage 1b, T2N0M0. In August 1997, at age 38 , I was diagnosed with 5cm mucinous cavitary lesion in the right lower lobe. Underwent lobectomy. In August 2001, at age 42 , I was diagnosed with metachronous BAC - 5cm spiculated lesion in the left upper lobe. Underwent lobectomy. Post surgical recovery spiraled out of control and into Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) . Spent 38 days in ICU - 21 days in a drug induced coma and paralysis. Hundreds of doses of morphine, and other drugs, and several blood transfusions later, I walked out of the ICU to the applause of the staff. Spent months in physical therapy learning how to breathe, talk, walk, eat, and write again. As fate would have it, I was diagnosed in August 2003 with 1cm x 2cm spiculated lesion in the right middle lobe. Entered watchful waiting period until repeat CT and PET scans in November. If positive for tumor, will undergo wedge resection - primarily because of poor pulmonary performance as result of prior lobectomies. I am thankful to be alive but I am no longer acknowledging and/or celebrating the month of August. I have earned that privilege and it is my prerogative. LOL. :D

Hey, father of five.

If we were picking teams, I'd want you on my team. You have the fighting spirit that it takes to battle this ghastly disease. I LOVE the "Only the good die young" line. I was not prepared for the line that followed, and just howled out loud when I read it. Thanks.

David P.

Hey Sovani------=so glad to hear from you again---was wondering how you were doing----

hoepfully this lesion is not cancer and you do not have to do the surgery thing again

regards Eileen

nsclc stage 1A

lobectomy 6/00

What an addition to the boards...love the spirit and humor. You have been through more than one rotten person should have to undergo, but I'm so glad they haven't wiped you out and you are trudging onward. I'll be praying for "cold" PET. Welcome.

Hello Father of five!

And a big welcome to ya, :):) , so glad you found us. You have certainly been through the ringer with your disease. Don't think I would acknowledge the month of August either. Keep up that fighten spirit and yes you are an inspiration. thanks for the story.

God bless and stay well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"