Been up most the night, pain meds not working

lindy

Hospice came yesterday and upped the vicodan but he needs more. They are coming today and we will see what they put him on. Breaks my heart to see him in pain and suffering and they better do something. He sleeps more and more and can hardly get up and when he does I have to hold him up from the back. He only got up 3 times yesterday.

Hasn't eaten today.

The pain pill is big and he is having a time swallowing it. I crushed it (nurse said I could) and put in applesauce and he refused it. Spits the pill back out when I give it to him but after awhile will take it.

I wish they would hurry and come. All I'm doing is pacing and checking the computer. His door is open so I can hear if he needs me.

He never wanted to be like this but I guess no one does.

I am so sorry things are so tough. Maybe you can ask the nurse to get the liquid morphine. I know it was MUCH easier for my Gram to take. Please remember to take care of YOU during all of this. You need to be well to be able to give care. Many prayers for you.

Linda, it is terrible that Mike is suffering, I know that is so hard on you. Hospice gave my husband liquid morphine to keep on hand before he needed it. I would think they would have that available to you right away, it is so much easier than pills, which can become impossible to give. I hope you get all the help you need today.

Karen H

Linda,

So very sorry to hear this news. Hopefullly Hospice has already been there and Mike is resting easier. If not, get them moving for you......and fast. Prayers for the strength you need at this very difficult time being sent your way, Linda.

Kasey

I can imagine the ache your feeling now, trying to help him. I guess this is one of those times when we have to step back as caretakers and know that now God is stepping in.

I wish I could say something comforting, but nothing I could say will help ease your worry.

My prayers are with you both.

Linda,

I am so SO sorry you both had such a rough night. I feel so helpless, I wish there was something I could do. I'll second the liquid morphine, my mom took it on top of her morphine pills when the pain was really bad. It is just so hard, looking at your profile and seeing that this all has happened so fast...