First Round of Chemo Over

Just finished my first round of chemo, and so far so good, am doing radiation concurrent with the chemo, I go for radiation 5 days on, two off. The chemo is 3 days in a row, then skip 3 weeks for 4 rounds if I am able to tolerate the last round which is a different drug. It feels so good to FINALLY be doing something instead of just sitting and waiting. I am determined to keep a positive attitude during all of this. The wedding went off without any problems last weekend. Of course I cried and cried and I am so happy to now have a daughter in my life. She was the most beautiful bride I have ever seen. My son was so handsome in his Tux, I just kept wondering what my baby boy was doing standing there waiting for the woman he was going to spend the rest of his life with, just yesterday it seems I was rocking him and singing him silly songs and kissing him all up. I was sore from the feeding tube and PAC surgeries I had done Wed. but was a little better by Sat. I am so glad I had both of them done at the same time, now it is out of the way. I feel something good has come out of this already because two of my dearest friends have both quit smoking. They say they did it for "me" but I am so happy for them. I will not lecture anyone and still have a lot of friends that smoke, it has to be a decision you make on your own because you want to or have to. I look forward to learing more so I may be of some help to someone here like you were for me. I hope everyone is doing well. Gentle Hugs Barbara

Hi Barbara,

Sounds like a beautiful wedding. So very glad that you were up to it. Congrats on your new family member.

Sounds like your treatments are going well. How many weeks will your rad. be? And what kind of chemos are you having?

You are just as much of an inspiration here to us as we may be to you. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Cindi o'h

So glad to hear that your treatments are going well.

Your son's wedding sounded great! It is exciting to see a child get married. My first child got married last September and I, too, have no idea where all the time went. Sounds like you now have a "daughter" in your life too. Wonderful!!!

Please keep in touch with us and update us.

gail p-m

Barbara,

I have to say, you just sound great and that's so important when going through what we are. They do say a positive attitude makes a big difference, and wow I feel that coming through my computer.

Congrats on the wedding.

Don't you just love that you stopped your friends from smoking.

Looking forward to hearing more good stuff.

Joan

I hope your chemo continues without problems Barbara. I have been told that I have a good attitude. Maybe I do, but if I am going to have to deal with this disease, it is better to be cheerful I spose. The last 2 times I had cancer I was convinced that I was cured. This time I am merely optimistic.

Good luck with your treatment.

Don M

Hi Barbara,

Sounds like things are going pretty good for you right now. It sounds like the wedding was beautiful. What a fantastic memory. And a new daughter... Pricelss!!

I am so glad you are keeping that positive attitude! I am sitting right there in your corner routing you on as you are fighting that beast.

Keep us posted. Sending prayers your way.

Maryanne :wink: