New to the group

knw55

Hello, thought I would introduce myself, tell why I am here. My dad has lung cancer, he was diagnosed in May 2005. He decided he didn't want any treatment. He said he didn't want to spend the rest of his time sick. It's been an okay year until January. The cancer had spread into his bloodstream and then two weeks ago it had spread into his liver. His doctor gave him 6wks to 3mnths. I went to see him in Cincinnati (I live in Kentucky) last week and he's doing really bad. He has started losing weight, he can't eat because he vomits. He's in alot of pain. He said he is ready to go, he wished God would go ahead and take him. I'm here because I really need support and help to get me through this. I'm 29 years old and I don't want to lose my dad. Other than my husband and 4 children I have no family. My mom died when I was 21. I just need people to talk to who know and understand what I'm going through----Karen

Oh Karen,

So sad about your Dad. It has to be rough. A rough year for you and all.

Death is not easy to accept. Loss is extraordinarily difficult.

I am glad that you found us. We have a couple sections that you might be most interested in right now. One is called "The Path Less Traveled" and the other is grief. I am sure that you are in the throes of some grief at the prospect of losing your Dad.

I hope that you will be able to be with him when it is his time if those are your wishes.

You have come to a wonderful caring group of people who will do all to help you and your family through this tough, tough time.

Is there anything specifically that you want help with? If not, it's okay. Just read away.

Cindi o'h

Welcome to our group, Karen. You will find plenty of folks to support you and offer their shoulders to lean upon. I'm sad to hear about your dad. It is a very difficult thing to go through, I know. I lost both my parents.....not quite as yound as you, but young nevertheless. Let us know how we can help. There are also lots of young folks ~ your age and younger who may really help you along the way.

Kasey

Hi Karen,

Sorry to hear about your dad. This disease is awful. It is just not fair. You have come to the right place to get someone to listen to you and talk to. There is loads of info here. Whatever you are feeling , someone has walked in your shoes. The people here are so caring and understanding.

You got questions...ask away.

You need to vent...shout away.

You need to cry...go ahead. We are here for you to lean on.

Stay with us and we will try to help you on this roller coaster ride.

Karen,

I am very sorry that your dad is going through such pain. Unfortunately I know exactly what it is like to watch your father giving in to this aweful disease. Exactly a year ago, this time I was watching my own father dying of cancer. It was very very difficult and I felt so helpless. I knew that the best thing that anyone around him could do was to make him at comfortable as possible and visit w/him, talk, hold his hand, just comfort him. Even though my dad had a very difficult passing, it has bought me some sense of comfort to know that in his final days I was able to help him as much as I could. I miss my dad very much. Please don't hesitate to come here, there are such wonderful, compassionate people who accept you unconditionally.

I pray for comfort for your father.

Grace

Hello Karen

I am very sorry to hear about your dad. Please know that we are all here for you and will do whatever we can to help you. Bruce said it so very well..

you can ask any questions you have, feel free to come and tell us what is on your mind as we all know how much it helps to talk about it, and of course we are always here just for you to lean on if you need us.

Prayers for you and your dad,

Chris

Hello Karen,

So sorry for what you are going through, as well as for your father. I lost my Dad at 20 and Mom at 30, so I know how devastating it can be.

Please talk your Father into hospice care. They will see to his needs but only supply pain relief.

Best wishes. I saya prayer for both of you.

Mary

Cindy,

Thankyou for your show of support. I just need to know I have someone to talk to, good days and bad. Now and after he is gone. I have so many mixed emotions, I'm sad, I'm angry, I'm scared to lose my dad. I do hope I can get the help and support here that I am seeking. Karen

Karen,

I am glad you found us at this terrible time in your life. I am sad about your dad and hope that reading and talking here will help. Like Ry, I wonder if you have called hospice. I know they can help with the pain and also with your dad and family's feelings.

I lost my dad when he was young and my mother 14 years ago. Its tough no matter how it happens but I know it hurts to watch him suffer. Look into hospice and see if there isn't something they can help with.

Nina