CALLING ALL FORMER CAREGIVERS/ FAMILY MEMBERS

Ann

I would love to hear from all of the wonderful caregivers and family members that no longer post to the message board. Please check in with us and let us know how you are doing. We all become family on this board and miss anyone that loses touch.

Ann,

It would be nice to hear from the rest of the caregivers/family members that have not posted for a while. I often wonder how they are doing. There are too many to name but I still often wonder how they are doing.

It is encouraging to see when they do post though.

By the way, I am still around here, have gotten onto chat a couple of times, which is nice to do to touch base with so many at one time.

Looking forward to seeing who else posts on this.

6 Months And 3 Days Still Kicking and getting stronger and more active in this fight for all my friends every day. 22 and 23 are sad days. Sundays I take FRESH FLOWERS to Debs site everyweek rain or shine. 1 foot after the other 1 day at a time. YA'll know me.

I haven't posted much but do check in almost every day. Tonight I am going to go to a grief support meeting sponsered by the hospice that took care of Ken. I think it will be good to be with people where you don't have to say "I'm doing o.k.". It's been over 4 months now and I still feel like I am waiting for him to come home. I stay busy with my job and my family keeps me going, especially my little grandbaby, Ryan. I am just marking time till the day when it won't hurt so much, I know that has to be out there. In the meantime I pray for all who are still battling, cry at bad news, cheer at the good news.

Karen H

Hi all,

I have not been posting much, but do check in once in a while to see how everyone is doing.

Life with me is not the greatest right now.... healthwise, everyone is excellent, but my eldest son is really going through major battles with drugs and it is slowly killing the family. I took Mom to Atlanta 2 weeks ago with my husband and sister for a 4 day mini vacation and within 1 hour of me being on the airplane my son totaled his car and left the scene of the accident.... was arrested and had to be bailed out of jail by his older sister. At times like these, I just wish I had Daddy to talk to ... and offer me some guidance. It has been a long road... I pray for you all often and will always remember the incredible people this website brought to my life. Much Love, Sharon

Hi there,

I still check in almost daily, but post less frequently. It has been 5 months since my dad died and it is still very difficult for me. I can't believe that I won't see him again. I dream about him all of the time. My mom is having such a hard time, but still has not joined a grief support group. I think it would help her, but she is not ready and I respect her choice. My children and husband have been a great comfort to both my mother and myself, and I'm very grateful for their love and support. We are looking forward to taking a trip to Hawaii in October. We were hoping to have a trip with my dad once he was feeling better, but it never happened. This vacation will be in honor of him. He enjoyed life and having fun more than anyone I have ever known.

Cathy

You must have read my mind this morning Ann. I was just sitting here thinking the same thing "what has happened to all of the people who used to post often?"

As for myself I still come here every couple of days and try to read a little. It is impossible to catch up with so many new people so I just try to see if there is anything from the ones who have been here for a while.

Right now I am living my life. It is not perfect but I am taking as much as I can from it and trying to give as much as I can to those I work with and for. Living where I do a big part of my life has to do with nature. My surroundings are a constant reminder of how much Johnny loved nature. I enjoy taking pictures of the beautiful scenery, feeding the hummingbirds (there are hundreds here) and the other birds. I also like to fish and spend a lot of time just keeping up my home and my yard.

I miss all of you. There is a bond between us that we can not have with those who have not been "up close and personal" with LC. I just find as time goes by I have less to ofter that would be of interest to the new people. I try to keep in touch with some privately. I don't mind admitting that the conversation a few months ago about the grief forum has made me back off a lot. The last thing I want to do is take hope away from anyone. Still I believe there are so many who like myself would never have come so far without that forum. I think that discussion has caused a lot of people to back off as well.

So please lets here from Patty, Barissa, Norme,BJ Peg,Gay (has anyone heard from her?), Karen and I could go on and on. Please lets here from everyone.

Hi Ann and all,

I'm still here every day but find I don't have the words to contribute. I "should" have moved on by now but have not. I feel like I know those that are here and I find I have to follow their journey. My heart breaks when there is bad news and I smile when the good reports are posted. I think of my dad each day and the pain of missing him still feels raw most of the time. I have not been back to the gravesite in quite some time. He's not really there anyway and he's still not in my dreams either. But, not too many people like to hear about these feelings especially when so much time has passed.

I am just so glad that this board is here for everyone who needs it. What a good thing.

Kris

This is such a nice "reunion" and it's so good to hear from some that have been away for a while. Lile Lillian said, we are a family. We have been together through one of the toughest times we will ever face in life. I just want everyone to know that you are missed and thought of often.

I am around but not as much.

Whenever i see something sillly on the net i post it on Just for Fun. I know how important it is to laugh.

My favorite uncle has been dx with Stomache cancer and hubs uncle has Liver cancer.

The beast is still around and so many need to be cared for...so I come here to be with friends and folks who know what it it like to see the beast.

I love ya all very much and pray every day for a cure.

Much love!!

Eppie

Hello everyone,

I am still around but don't post much but I too, think about everyone each day. My prayers are with all of you.

It is still hard to believe that my dad is gone. I think I'm in the denial phase. It has been 2 months. I think about him everyday and I can't get the thoughts of his last days out of my head. I go to the cemetary and I just can't believe his body is in there. It is going to be especially hard in October when I get married and when Christmas comes....I always thought my dad would always be alive.

I hate cancer and what it does to people.

Thanks Ann for posting this. It is nice to see how everyone is.

love,

jorja

Dear all, Jeffrey is still alive and kicking and still working but....and this is a BIG one. We think due to the decadron and delayed radiation brain necrosis he had a terrible road rage incident (no one was hurt) and was arrested and thrown in the County jail. I didn't find him until the next day when I had someone run my tag and found my car in an impound and the police informed me that he had been locked-up. Now we have to deal with 2 felony counts, hire a lawyer, and if we they take his license, deal with him not working or figuring out public transportation. I keep trying to turn all of this over to God but I am at the verge of "melt-down". The good news is that his cancer has never come back and that is a miracle. I think of all of you often and read the posts but have been so paralized with angst that I have not posted..sorry

Trish

Trish, Wow, I am soooo sorry for all you and Jeffrey are going through that has to be so devestating when you could not find him. Thank G-d he was not hurt.

I think if you get a good lawyer who can explain everything he has been through and the medication he is on that might help with his defense. I don't know if he will be able to keep his license when they find out that he is on medcation. But Iam not a lawyer.

I pray all works out for you. We are here to help you, don't shut us out. There are so many situations people go through and we certainly will not think any less of him because of this.

I hope you are coping okay through all of this. I am so sorry.

Maryanne

Hello everyone! I am now a lurker because I still care for each and everyone one of you that are dealing with or with someone who is fighting this terrible disease. I send my prayers to all of you! I don't have much to report after so many years since my DH passed away, so much has gone on. My daughter has graduated high school and going off to college. I've met and I am engaged to a wonderful man and I feel blessed to have found someone who is as caring and understanding of my situation as he is. Anyway, I am always with all of you in spirit even though I don't speak up very often. My thoughts and prayers for all of you, you should all be proud of your bravery and good spririt! Kim B.

I have been reading and not really posting. Mom is officially on hospice starting tomorrow. She is not doing well. Chemo was stopped today. She is staying with my hubby, 3 children and me. We are caring for her at home with the help of my sister and family members. She is in a great deal of back pain and my heart is breaking. I love this board but by the time I catch up on reading the post I'm to tired to post myself.

I wish everyone well.

Julie

Hi All,

I read almost daily and say prayers for all nightly. It's been 3 years since Mom passed away, I still miss her so much, but feel her with me more in spirit. Since then I been on the the go still dealing with family being ill. My FIL had colon cancer diagnosed just before my Mom passed, and we helped him and my MIL through some very rough times till it took him last Sept. My BIL, at the same time, had a bad fall and a brain hemerrage and bleed, a long story short, after 3 surguries and many uncontrollable seizures, he passed away at the age of 50 last Oct. With my Mom gone, and now her husband, my sister has depended on me greatly, so I do what I can for her and the girls. It's been busy these past few years, but you have all been in my thoughts. It's quieted down now, Dad and MIL are doing okay, and my sister is slowly getting back. Getting ready now for my empty nest sydrome with both boys now going away to college. The last few years have been h*ll, to say the least, but I continue on. All my prayers.

Donna