Tattoo...

rogfam

I guess this is the right forum for this. lol

I'll be getting my first tattoo soon. I've decided on a dragonfly with the word "hope" written over it.

My Oma (mom's mom) loves the dragonfly and has even told me to get it and think of her when she's gone. (Also, it's on all that cool stuff Katie has in the cafe press shop for lung cancer awareness.) And the word Hope, of course, is for our hope being in the Lord, also that there is always hope, even after a cancer diagnosis.

oh yea! It'll be on the inside of my left ankle. :)

Just wanted to share. Feel free to share your own tattoo stories. :)

Christy

Interesting topic. This has been a huge issue at my house lately, because I think I want to get one as well. I have the most prudish past, so this really is like my mid-life crisis!

Where do you want your tatoo? I think I want mine on the top of my foot. Everyone tells me that it will hurt really badly, but I keep thinking that I have given birth twice, and why should I sacrifice location for something I am going to have forever.

I have always wanted a four leafed clover...so that is the plan...there are a group of us girls going in September...after swim season!

ztweb, I have the same type of past as you, so this is like a big shocker to most people! lol But I've wanted it for years, took the time to pray about it, and now feel good about it. It's been well thought out and planned. :)

I say go for it! My husband keeps telling me the same thing, about how bad it's going to hurt. I told him (like you), 'I've been through NATURAL childbirth, THREE times, I can handle it!' :P

I think the top of the foot would also be cool. My sis would like to get a sea turtle there.

How cool that you're going with friends who are getting one too! I have one friend that may go with me, we'll see.

Christy

Guess I was a bit of a rebel in my younger days, I got my first tattoo which is on the arch of my foot about 18 years ago. I now have 7 of them, all except one of them mean something. Can't explain that one except for extreme drunkeness, lol.

I have been "inked" on my wrist, upper arm, foot, ankle and back. I don't regret them at all, I would probably get another to make it an even number, except my skin is a bit fragile due to Tarceva. They are addictive!!!!!

Sharon

It is on the top of the arch and I have to be honest and say I had something to help with the pain. Alcohol, lol!

It did hurt the next day though, but after that it was fine. I think the one on my ankle hurt the most, not much flesh there.

Sharon

I had wanted one since I was 18, but never knew what to get. I wanted it to be meaningful. 2 years ago a couple of weeks before my 35th birthday, I was in New Orleans with Keith for a clinical trial. I got a tattoo while there of a butterfly on my ankle. Keith and I released live butterflies at our wedding, and since then I've received various butterfly trinkets from him as memorials of that day.

The ankle did hurt quite a bit, but it was doable. You don't want to take any advil or tylenol before doing it, or alcohol, because they thin the blood and cause excess bleeding. The bleeding can also cause the artist to blur the lines and have a less than desireable tattoo.

I'm planning on getting another one too. I wasn't going to, but Keith wanted to get another tattoo for the past year. Recently I found a number of printouts of the same cross design in a drawer. I think it is a design Keith was considering for his next tattoo. I am going to get it for him. I was thinking about doing the back of my neck.

Katie, I'll definitely take a picture for everyone to see. :) I just hope it turns out like I see it in my head! lol

I'm cracking up over your shoulder story!! hehe you silly girl! Now you'll have to really show everyone your tattoo! lol

Christy

• 1 month later...

Hey Congrats on your clover.... I too have a small vine on my left ankle and the vine has clovers and one four leaf clover with a small ladybug... the red on the lady bug oozed and oozed and like yours kept peeling. I went back to the tattoo artist a few times and he kept telling me "normal" well... my ladybug now looks like a big blob!!!! I definelty lost alot of the red dye and I have found out that it is common for that to happen!!! Needless to say, I keep meaning to go have it fixed, but just haven't done so as of yet... Hope yours fares better!!!

Hey, so glad you got your tat!! :)

Yes, it's normal for it to peel, mine did too. BUT, the main thing is, just keep it moist. The BEST lotion for that, imo, is the Curel, fragrance free. It also seems to pull that color back out to normal.

You should take a pic for us! :)

Christy

OK OK JUST CALL ME the spoiler of this tattoo party. And yes i have a couple of tattoo's one from my impulsive youth and one from my Navy day's. I for one after maturity set in for the love of me have found no usefull purpose for the Tattoo's. And ladies pull your claw's in before attacking me but personally i feel tattoo's on Women take away from the person and add absolutely nothing and i personally find them distastefull on women. And believe me men far to often over do tattoo's on there selve's. Come on Ladies GOD made you all so beautifull but if you must add to your appearance i feel that at least do it discreetly as it appear's most of you have. Now before attacking let me find a room i can lock my self into..........Larry