It's been months since I've posted.

Guest JanetK

Hi Everyone

I read the message board almost daily, but haven't posted in a while.

I am so saddened by the recent losses of so many wonderful people, and heart felt condolences go out to all who have lost a loved one.

I have been stage IV since diagnosis last August, and have basically remained stable. I am now on my 3rd chemo regime (Taxotere and

Velcade) Being on Chemo for 1 year has not been too bad. I am alive

and my quality of life is good. The mental aspects of the disease have

been harder for me to deal with than the chemo. I have a 13 year old son, and I will try any treatment and go through any procedure that will

enable me to see him grow up. My son has been so great this past year!

Just recently I've had to use O2 occasionaly due to a reaction to the chemo. The other night I was feeling sorry for myself, and started to

cry because of the 02. (It was the first day). Andrew asked me what was wrong, and when I told him I was so sorry he had to see me with 02, and he must be freaked out, and I'd leave the room when his friends came over...........He got very Mad at me and said : " Mom, your'e alive,

that's all I care about, and if my friends don't like tubes up your nose their not my friends. Well of course I started to cry again, but happy and proud tears.

On my last scans I showed shrinkage in my larger tumor of the two I have in my right lung, so we'll keep going with this regime as long as there is no progression.

I wish you all strengh, hope, peace and health.

Janet

Hi Janet K,

I am Judy B's daughter, and have been on the board a lot lately. I am glad to hear that you are doing okay, and I saw the post you sent to the other Janet, and I think that was great, because she is really angry. :(

Your son is amazing and he is right, aren't you proud?

But it is also alright if you need to cry, this is hard and you also can let your feelings out, but it is great you have such a great son supporting you.

Please keep us up to date on you and your life as we are all one big family here. (I feel that way anyhow)

Stephanie

:D:D:D:D take care

Janet, Oh you have such a great son Andrew. I would smother him with hugs if he were here in my house right now. I love that boy..man....at this stage of the game...

So glad you are doing reasonably well. Be glad there is 02 for you my dear. Who cares what one looks like, breathing is the name of the game. Do me a big favor and give your son a kiss on the forehead from me..what a great teenager you have raised...what a great mom.

Janet,

I was going to rave about your son but I see I'm not the first!! You must be so proud of him!!

I wish you the best of luck with your chemo and the shrinkage. Please continue to post, would love to keep up with how things are going!

Debi

47 years old

Stage 1a- nsclc

Surgery June 16, 2003 - Mid & upper lobe removed

I just have to "second" what everyone else has said. Your son sounds wise beyond his years. He already knows what's important in life, something many people never find out. And it definitely takes a great Mom to have a great son like that. So you've done a super wonderful job with your child. And you keep on doing it!!

Gail P-M

Must be all in the name....my son (Andrew) is my inspiration, as well. Hmmm...one of my MANY reasons for carrying on and stressing over the "what ifs". Then there's the new spouse, the friends, the family...

Keep on keeping on!

Imagine, his bragging rights..."Oh yeah? Well MY mom does oxygen!" 8)

Hi Janet,

What a mature and smart son you have. You must be a wonderful parent to have such a great son. You must be proud of yourself for doing such a good job raising him. My mom worries about me a lot too...we love you oxygen, no hair, no eyebrows and all. My mom is still as beautiful as she's always been...it is a gift for us to be able to give back to our parents any way we can. My mom cried the other week because I was putting her pills in her pill case because she can't remember what she's suppose to take. Who the heck can? She's taking about 30 pills a day! I couldn't remember if I didn't have it written down. She feels like a burden and said she hates that I have to do that...I wish she didn't feel that because I like the fact that I can take care of my mom. Everyone likes to feel needed. Of course, I wish things were different, but I want to help my mom anyway I can. It's not burdening at all. Geesh, how many years did she take care of me for? Janet, I'm sure your son is feeling the same things as me. Although he's only 14, I'm sure he feels the same way I do.

Where are you doing your clinical trial? I'm researching trials for my mom and it seems like yours is doing pretty well.

Janet, you hang in there. I too, stayed away from these boards for a while because of all the special people we have lost. It hurt so much, but I can't seem to stay away for too long...so here I am again. :)