Adrenal Gland Update

ursol

I spoke to my oncologist today about the PET Scan results and next steps.

The Thoracic team seems pretty certain that it is cancer in my right Adrenal gland. Although, they will not know for sure until they take it out. Next step is first Brain MRI to insure no other spread and then laporascopy surgery to remove the Adrenal gland. MRI will occur next week, since they are still trying to get the surgeon, that may be end of next week or week after. I am however still holding out hope that the PET Scan is wrong and it is not cancer.

If it's lung cancer metastasis, I'm restaged IV and I will begin three or four rounds of cisplatin, docetaxol and Avastin. I was told that this combination with Avastin has still not passed phase three trials but he is recommending this. He also thinks the best thing for me is after the four rounds of chemo to continue on Avastin for a full year. Has anyone gone through this combination before?

Anyhow, such is life, I still cannot believe this is happening. I know God has a plan but I prefer to be in charge of this plan myself.

Lilly

Oh Lilly, I'm so sorry you have to through all of this. There is nothing "fair" about this disease, it doesn't seem to care that you just went through a rought treatment and that you deserved some good news.

But it sounds like your docs have a good plan in place and maybe this will be the one to get rid of this thing once and for all.

By the way, you need to update your profile. I do believe that you mentioned that beautiful little girl of yours is now one year old!

I'll be praying for you.

Tracy

Lilly,

This just plain sucks eggs. It does sound like a great plan is in place for you. I know you are a fighter even though sometimes things can feel pretty overwhelming. We are always here and I hope to hear good news about the surgery results.

I figure God has been giving me a real long lesson about being a control freak!

Warm Fuzzies for you,

Welthy

I'm having such a hard time dealing with this news. The only time I can function is at work. I have completely fallen apart at home. I'm hardly speaking with my husband, I'm yelling constantly at the kids. I'm taking Xanax but it is not keeping my head together. I am just so damn scared of dying and my head is telling me that the cancer is moving and wants me dead. I need to beat this thing but my head keeps telling me it is not possible. Are there therapists for this sort of thing? We spend so much money on wars and aid to foreign country, why can't we find a cure for cancer?

Lilly

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Lilly....please don't lose the faith...Give it to God...you may think HE is not there...but HE is...Let HIM handle it...

Like Katie said...get some other source of help if you can't talk to your husband...your children are so young to understand...so please do this...I'm sure it will make you feel so much better...and Lilly..you have read many posts about survivor's here....You are one and will continue to be one...remember you CAN beat this..

dammit!!!!!!!!!....hugs ..PamS.

Dear Lilly....please don't lose the faith...Give it to God...you may think HE is not there...but HE is...Let HIM handle it...

Like Katie said...get some other source of help if you can't talk to your husband...your children are so young to understand...so please do this...I'm sure it will make you feel so much better...and Lilly..you have read many posts about survivor's here....You are one and will continue to be one...remember you CAN beat this..