update on my dh

Mendy

My dh had his first 3 month post surgery visit yesterday with his thoracic surgeon. The dr. said his xray looks good and that his left lower lobe has fully expanded. He has his fourth and last round of chemo on 12/11 and the dr thinks that after that his breathing will be even better. His oncologist is pleased with how he is tolerating the chemo (carbo/taxol) and the next step is a PET scan the week between Christmas and New Year's Day which will tell the real story. 7 weeks of radiation on the area where the tumor was will begin the first week of Jan. and hopefully by March he may return to work.

It has been a long 4 months but everything is looking good for us. We have had family and friends provide financial support unexpectedly (so many angels around us) and my husband has started an Amazon.com business selling all our videos and dvd's that we no longer have time to watch (young kids leave us very tired at the end of the day) and it is keeping him occupied, busy, and bringing in some money.

Thanks for all your support.

Mendy