Getting to Know You - December 18 - Christmas Style

Ann

OK...this one is easy for me, as I spent all of yesterday afternoon in the kitchen baking cookies and making candy. So...my taste buds were all revved up for this question.

Cookies....definitely not iced. I grew up on cookies with no icing, as my grandmother had very little money and the sugar for the icing was a big expense. So...I love the cookies plain, as they remind me of my grandmother.

My favorite cookies are either Snickerdoodles or oatmeal Raisin. I don't think I can choose.

My favorite Christmas candy is a chocolate covered cherry...or maybe peanut buttr balls. Can you tell that I just love sweets???

No icing on the cookies. For many years I made 12 different kinds......until 2004 when I was consumed with LC fear and didn't care much. Made none last year either. 12 kinds make beautiful large trays, but since we are both retired we have not enough people to give them away to.....so yesterday I made Fred's 2 favorite kinds. Usually I wouldn't even let him have any. Not now.....told him he could eat all he wanted.

The favorites....his and mine........almond diamonds and chocolate walnut. Candy......those peanut butter balls sound pretty good, Ann. But Hershey kisses with almonds are good enough for me.

Kasey

Ok, sugar cookies, iced or not... I just love them! Especially when my mom made the chocolate icing herself... mmmmmm :)

I usually make the dipped pretzels, fudge, and haystacks every year. (what we call haystacks are the chow mein noodles coated in butterschotch or chocolate chips with or w/o peanuts... yumm!!)

Now, my aunt makes wonderful coconut balls and peanutbutter balls. DELICIOUS!

I think I'm ready to make my candy now! :)

thanks Ann!! :)

C.

I'm not a big fan of the christmas cookies, but if I have to pick one, I'd say good old Toll House chocolate chip cookies.

Candy on the otherhand... I make fudge, peppermint bark and rum balls. I just made five pounds of fudge yesterday and one tray is almost gone. It's a favorite treat for the kids secret santas.