Hello!

Con

My husband is the one with lung cancer, and it's also in his brain now. He had surgery in November and is slowly making progress. His short term memory is much better, but his balance is terrible, plus also the use of his right hand and leg gives him trouble. He came home from the hospital with hospice care, and my insurance will also pay for some home health care when I work. We have three kids, ages 9, 12, and 15, and our lives are in a turmoil right now. I don't have much time to use the computer, plus also I have to fight my kids to get on, but I'll be reading these messages when I can. I'm not in a support group anywhere, but I'm hoping that this will feel like one. We're all battling this cancer and should be able to draw strength from others. I'll be praying for you all.

Con, we met briefly in the chat last nite. It may have seemed kind of crazy but that is how our chats are usually. We can answer almost any questions you may have about almost anything. If we can not answer we will be happy to go and find some great answers. Tuesday nite chats are kind of like a cut loose and let your hair down nite. If though you neeed our serious side , you got it! we discuss anything except politics cause thats no fun to talk about and to many opinions.

I have been here a while and Lost my wife to this disease. I love to do research on any thing some one may need research done on. That is me though.

This site has been a lifesaver for so many of us. We have a lot of compassion, understanding, love, knowledge, prayers, joy, compassion, and almost any thing else you can think of here, you know what I mean.

Sending Prayers for better days, I know this is hard right now, but lean on us and we can help out hopefully.

Hi Connie and welcome here.

I am so sorry for your husband's diagnosis and all you are going through. You are really on a roller coaster ride right now.

We are a very knowledeable group who will give you advice,support and prayers if needed.

I know how scared it is to find out that your love one has LC. But please know that it is not necessarily a death sentence. So many people here were told months and it has been years and they are doing fine.

I know you are busy but if you could take the time to type in a profile which is liseted on the top of this page under the LUNGEvity sign, we will understand what kind of LC he has and his staging.

Feel free to come by anytime with any questions you may have.

Hang in there, this is new to you but things will be better once you get into a routine.

Maryanne

Con,

Ditto everything that Randy has already said! Yes, Tuesday night chat can be a little wacky, but we all need some of that to keep our sanity! :D

Welcome to the boards and sorry about this whole disease affecting your family. This must be completely overwhelming to you. (((HUGS)))

Post a profile, ask any question, look for comfort, whine, moan, vent, ask for prayers -- we are all here for you (and not too wacky most of the time! :lol: )

Warm regards,

Welthy

Hello Con and welcome

Sorry you had need to find a site such as this but glad you have joined us.

As you can see already, this is a wonderful group of people. Let us know how we can help you and know that we will do our best.

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers,

Chris