Is it Pride, or just part of my fight ?

tdbones

:roll: Well you may know Me by now, I have been going back and fore with returning to work and dealing with this cancer condition. I think that I'm in denial about my problem and maybe not facing the fear of an end result that I may not like. well again I discuss returning back to work and my doctor and again he did okay for me to return to work with restrictions. I think that its more that I need to feel as if I'm productive and also that My sick time is running out which will effect my income ( meaning a short check.My wife is very supportive and states not to return because of money and we could ,ake it without me returning but then I'm an man with pride maybe to much of it. I would have to give you my whole story one day, from working thru alcohlism and drug addiction that resulted in me being homeless and an childhood of emotional abuse that lead to behavioral problems. that GOD ended about 20 years ago and put me on this pathway, and here I be sitting and waiting which I'm not good at. work will be 3 days per week for 6 hrs per day if able. amd care/causion around working with the ill patients.

TBones ( at it again) :roll:

My suggestion is do what feels right to you. If you are up to it and want something to do besides be home and appointments, Go for it. Remember though, Stress is not good for you. Humour is good for you. If you feel up to it and work can accomodate you, Go for it. It is better than pining around the house and thinking about it too much. Has to be a team decision though. You don't want conflict around the hoouse stemming from this decision. Just my thoughts though. Good Luck and saying a prayer.

Hi TBone,

It sounds like you have some story to tell. You had overcome so many adversities, I commend you for that.

Work is healing, so if you feel up to it go for it. It will keep your mind occupied and you need that.

If you feel it is too much then you can stop until you feel up to it.

Take care and good luck with your decision.

Maryanne :wink:

T,

You have been through a lot and have come out pretty well. I know it is difficult when your income may be cut, but you just have to believe that you will make it. It is more important to keep down the stress. Think about what got you through your problems before and what a future you have.

God isn't finished with you yet.

Stay positive, :)

Ernie

I thonk work is useful during this time. I am really glad that I can work and it's part time. But you need to be sure that you are not exposing yourself to germs that could be dangerous. I would check with my doctor and be sure my white counts are high enough to work.

Good luck.

Mary

I think it is wonderful that you have the desire and the strength to work TBones. BUT........(now this is MY opinion)it is MORE important to take the best care of yourself that you can to beat this beast. It sounds as if you would be exposed to people with questionable health and that is worrisome to me. Think it through and you and Mrs. Bones make the best decision based on ALL the facts. Remember.....temporary sacrifice for permanent solution!

Kasey

I worked throughout treatment, but on a very limited basis. I'm blessed with great employers, wonderful co-workers, and an incredibly interesting job. BUT, I work in the music publishing industry -- it's fun coming to work. It's nothing like the real world difficulties you have to face. I think if you're hesistant to return to work, there's a good reason behind it. Trust your gut.

Trish

Mom worked.

Life changes a lot, and the loss of doing everything your way must be hard.

I say if you feel right about woorking those hours, and you CAN do it. Then God Bless!

But like I told Mom, work, but if you need a day, take it. Work can be a great distraction...but should not shift your eye from the prize...which is getting better.

Bless you for living your life!!

When I first was diagonised I was out of work because I had pleurisy and pneumonia. After I started radiation and the first round of chemo, I started to feel better. I returned to work and continued to work during the next 6 months of chemo. My dr. even suggested I do so. He says he thinks patients do better if they keep busy. I beleive this too. However everyone is different and I was one of the very lucky ones that had very little side effects.

Best Wishes,

Dee

I think it is part of the fight. I went through a chemo-radiation treatment plan similar to yours. I worked part-time throughout treatment. Mondays were Chemo and radiation days so I did not work on those days. The rest of the week, I worked 6 hours each day then I would go to my radiation treatment and then home from there (where I usually took an afternoon nap). I think it helped me a lot because it gave me something to do each day and a reason for getting out of bed. It also helped to keep me from worrying too much. I was very anemic so there were a few days I was just too tired to go into work. You will have to decide how much you are capable of doing, but I recommend you work if you want to. It will help keep your head in the right place.

T-

I think your doctor knows best so if you want to go back on a limited basis, by all means go back. Our family doctor told John he should only do things that made him happy. When John asked about returning to work he said, "Does it make you happy--if not don't do it?"

Mr.T I think if going to work is important to you and the Doctor say's it's OK i say do it. It is very obvious to me and other's that your a man with very strong integrity who has met the beast's of life and is

still standing. Like some one else said GOD is not through with you yet...God Bless and stay strong....Larry

It truly is difficult to not be working during treatment. I went through the same thing because I work with high school students and they always have something. If possible you might try to see if you can do desk work or paper work that will keep you away from so many people but will not interfere with your income. You obviously have the love and support of your wife which is certainly number one. I had the same treatment that you are having followed my surgery and adjuvant chemo. My surgery was in July, 2005 and I have had clean scans since by the Grace of God. My prayers are for you and your wife for you to have successful, treatment, surgery and recovery.

Carol