Can Anybody Relate?

Mefoster

As I posted last week - my husband died from a massive hemmorhage. I just want to know if anyone has experienced or went through anything like that. This happened in the wee hours of the morning. It was unexpected and the most horrifying thing I have ever experienced. Our bathroom and hallway looked like someone had been shot. I can't seem to get the image out of my head and am feeling the worse pain I have ever felt in my life. I lost my best friend and soul mate that day. If anyone has went through a hemmorhage like that can you please share with me? Please let me know if this image in my head will fade with time. I was told his death was quick so at least I feel he did not suffer long. I will always remember him looking me in the face that morning saying help me then falling in my arms and both of us hitting the floor. I knew at that moment I had lost the love of my life.

Guest nhnikki

I am here to help you. My mom and my brother and sister inlaw have the same imagines and I want so bad to make them disappear for them. My Dad woke up about 6am coughing and yelled "thelight" my mom thought he wanted the light on so she put it on, he started coughin up blood and it was a massive amount, gabage cans full. My Mother was screaming which woke my brother and sister in law, they called 911. They held my dad as all the blood was coming out and it wouldn't stop, he was able to look at my mom and say "I am going" she yelled no and he said "good bye" and died. They are see this everytime they close thier eyes everyday. They have some peace know that Dad was in thier arms with his family at home and went quickly but what they saw was horrific and it makes me so sad. We were able to see my dad at the funeral home and he looked so much better than what they had seen and that he looked so peaceful. I have Mom with me at my home now and I have a ton of Dads great pictures everywhere to try and erase that sight from her mind, unfortunatly I don't know that it every will. We are reading a book right now which seems to be really helping. Its called 90 minutes in heaven and its a true story by Don piper. We know that Dad is in a much better place and is happy. You can email me if you have questions, I just want you to know that you are not alone.

Nicole in NH

My advice is to replace the "film clip" with something else when it starts running. Think of a song, a happy moment, say a prayer,...anything to stop the replay. This has helped me to stop it from running so much. It has gotten better with time. Take care.

This has happened to several members here- I see Tina sent you a PM so you know her husband went unexpectedly also. The first person I remember this happening to was Dr. Sam. He had a severe bloody nose and bled out quickly. I am so sorry that things went as they did. Have you thought of going to talk to a grief counselor? It may help.

I'm so sorry for the terrible things you are dealing with right now. I can't even begin to relate with what you are going through but I do want you to know that I care.

I can imagine this memory is somewhat "engraved" in your mind, and for that, I am so sorry. I did not suffer that kind of experience when Daddy passed so I don't have any words to help you overcome this.... I will just pray that you are able to push those memories to the back of your mind, and remember your husband as he was in health and good times. Love, Sharon

I am so sorry this has happened to your family. I can only say that they told us when my Mom was admitted into the hospital from coughing up blood that morning that the mass was wrapped around her aorta and she also could have had a massive hemmorage-it didn't happen thank god but what the Dr said would happen is like you said. He said if my Mom was home when it happened it would be horrible. I am so truly sorry that your family has this last image of your Husband in their minds. I know just thinking about it for those few days was enough to keep me from falling asleep next to her in the hospital for over 48 hours I was so afraid it might happen. You and your family are in my prayers.

Dar

I missed your post last week, so today's message came as a shock. You had an incredibly traumatic experience -- it's hard to imagine anything worse. I believe this is one of those times that clearly calls for professional counseling -- perhaps the oncologist or someone at the hospital can make a recommendation. Please don't try to go it alone.

May the warm Aloha from our family give you some comfort.

Ned

Yes, it will fade in time. It was a horrible thing to experience and will be very difficult to overcome. You'll never forget, who could? But you will not always be overwhelmed with that awful memory. I'm here in Ohio too, Cincinnati. Please feel free to send me a PM, if you feel like talking to someone in person or if I can help you move thru this part of your grief.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Oh, my lord, I don't know what to say. I cannot imagine the mental and emotional pain you feel. I am so very sorry for what you are going through...

..This is kind of opposite of what you experienced, but my grandmother passed away from a massive hemmorhage in her throat after surgery (she had a tube in). My mom and uncle sat with her non-stop day and night, she seemed okay, so they finally ducked for ten minutes for a cup of coffee and that's when it happened. They came back from their coffee break, and no one would let them in the room. An orderly came out and said "We just need to get her cleaned up, and then you can see the body..." My mom said "WHAT?" Needless to say, her pain and regret of NOT being there haunted her for the rest of her life. I know this may not give you a shred of comfort, you have endured such a heartbreaking and horrifying experience...

You are in my prayers...