Getting to Know You - April 30

Ann

Believe it or not, I cried watching Air Bud the other night. I have a golden retriever and I totally lost it when the little boy was trying to "lose" Bud because he didn't want his mean previous owner to reclaim him. So...animal movies really get to me, too.

LOL...I'd almost forgotten about that! We watched Bridge in the theater when it came out (yup, cried like a baby at that one, too!) then rented Winn Dixie and the first thing out of my mouth was "I think that's the same girl!"

I'm starting to think I just cry at movies. :roll:

For me it should be what movie didn't make me cry. I have gone to movies though and just bawled, I mean cried like crazy-- once I had to go buy make up before we could go to dinner afterwards. That movie was one that didn't get much play called "The Spitfire Cafe."

Teaching 6th grade for many years, I had the opportunity to view LOTS of movies for that age group. I agree The Bridge to Terabithia is a tearjerker fo sure. I would add Where the Red Fern Grows. I would read that each year to my students. I KNEW that story inside out, backwards, and upside down...........no surprises after many years. However, EVERY time I CRIED right there. I could always hear the kids whispering....."she's crying". Made for a very teachable moment and I found that there were more criers among us....just needed to hear it was okay to do so. Those are 2 great movies!

Kasey