Getting to Know You - May 4

Ann

I wear a watch and a cross on a chain. Before Lucie died, I had a wedding ring. I take them off for showering because I don't like the water getting between them and me. I take them off when going to bed because I don't want them catching on things during the night. Don

Always wore all my jewelry except my watch all the time, sleep, shower whatever. Too lazy to do that on and off thing. Earl never, not once took his wedding ring off and wore a signet ring on his right hand that would not come off.

Now, my jewelry drives me crazy, only wear my bracelets all the time, it's the lazy thing still.

When home..........I wear NO jewelry. I whined for years for gold and diamond jewelry. Now I wear very little even when going out. My Breathe Deep bracelet and the survivor necklace from Addie I do wear all the time when going out though.

Kasey

PS: I just reread this........I mean I wear very little JEWELRY when going out!!!!!!!

I wear my engagement ring and wedding band ALWAYS... I also have a gold bangle bracelet on my left arm that Daddy gave me when I was around 12 years old.... I have NEVER taken it off... couldn't now if I wanted to because my hand has grown since I first put it on and it cannot be removed. Would have to be cut off of me....Because it was from my Dad, I kindof love the fact that it is with me FOREVER!!

Wear the wee silver urn with Mike's

ashes on two chains and silver earrings,

wedding ring is joined with Mike's wedding

band on the big urn.

Can't with the arthrosis wear rings

or watches.

I have a key chain watch.

So wear wee urn and earrings all the

time.

Jackie

I wear necklace, earings, rings and bracelets all the time and only take off my watch when I shower or swim.

I forget to change my jewlery most of the time so it's what's on stays on......for a very long time.

I take off all of my jewelry at night, except for my necklace. I have two very special crosses that were given to me as gifts and I alternate wearing them.

One of them was "loaned" to me by my cousin. She has travelled to Rome numerous times and has had her cross blessed by two Popes including our current Pope Benedict. Pope John Paul II blessed it twice.

The other was given to me by my best friend, Jodi, and it belonged to her mother. Her mother was diagnosed with advanced stage ovarian cancer when Jodi was a little girl. Her mom passed away more than 30 years later, not from cancer, and just two days after I was diagnosed with lung cancer.

Tracy

I take all my jewelry off as soon as I get in from work. It's wierd, I never was like that, I would wear my rings to bed, etc. After my surgery, I just can't stand anythign constricting on my body.

Like Debi, my jewelry (necklace) comes off as soon as I get home from work. I'm actually allergic to all metals and can't wear earrings or rings. My fifteen year old is too, she has a horrible rash where her jeans button. But she still wants her belly button pierced!