Update on Mom!!!

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to give a small update on my mom. Her surgery /wedge section was on May 2nd. Two very small nsclc tumors were removed. The doctor would have liked to have taken the entire lobe , but her breathing wouldn't allow it. She is having a hard time recovering from the surgery. She is stronger, gets around on her own, but still hurts and is depressed. She manages her pain with Tylenol because she doesn't want to take anything stronger. In the near future she has 3 very important doctor appointments. On June 8th , she will have a follow up with her pulmonologist, on June 11th , she will have her surgeon appt. plus another chest xray ( she has had many since surgery) .. and on June 15th, she will go to an oncologist to discuss possible adjunct treatment. When we know more and make a decision as to the next step, I will let you know. It's just so hard to see my 78 year old mama having to go through all this . She already had many existing health problems , but was strong and handling them well.

I'm not very good at updating. It hurts me so much to talk about this , but I just wanted all of you to have an idea of what is going on in our lives. This is a hard journey for all of us.

God bless us all ... patients and caregivers.

Love,

Sue

Hi Sue, I am so happy that your mom's surgery went well and hope that she gets through the recovery period as easily as possible. I'm sure it's quite painful and I can't believe she's handling it with just tylenol. Thank you for updating us. It is so very difficult to talk and write about those that are so close to us. Let us know what we can do for you. Shelley

Thanks for the news on mom, Sue. You know we all are pulling for her and hoping and praying for much improvement as time goes by. I'm sure you are a tremendous support to her, and that she proabably is loooking to you as she travels this road. Remember we are all here for YOU! Come when you can................whnever you need.

Love,

Kasey

Sue, I had no idea that you are going through this again. I am so sorry. I will pray for your mom to have a fast recovery with as little pain as possible.

I feel for you because if I remember you had your own health issues also.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Maryanne

I want to thank all of you for being here for me. After the long and courageous battle that Mike (the love of my life), fought and lost, I am having a very hard time with my Mom's diagnosis . Her battle is hard in a different way. She is very early stage and it was removed by wedge section, but she is 78, has emphysema as well as other health conditions that might make adjunct chemo or radiation a real challenge. To not do it is another concern , as well. My heart is so torn. Just thank you for all your support and prayers. I will keep you informed.

Love,

Sue