waiting for results

barbara5452

Well, made it through the chemo and radiation along with a bout of bi-laterial pneumonia which put me in the hospital for a week. Had my first cat scan on Friday 07-06-07, go to chemo onc on 13th to get results to see if tumor has shrunk or disappeared. Nervous as hell already. Pneumonia really did a number on me. Just now starting to feel better from that. Applied for disability on 06-21-07 already got an answer yesterday. I got it, but will not get my first check until Dec. I hope and pray with all my heart that I will have a few good years ahead of me.

The worrying is awful, can't sleep, really anxious, encouraging words welcomed. God help us all with this awful disease.

Sorry you're going through all this. You might want to ask your doc for an anti-depressant to help you through through the rough patches. And I have a feeling that once you're fully recovered from the pneumonia, you'll start to feel better and better each day. I'm praying for a lot more than just a few good years for you. hang in there.

Trish

Well, Barb, you've had quite a time of it, haven't you :( ??? I'm sure glad you shook that pneumonia! It's a scary time both getting and waiting for scan results. I'm wishing you only the very best. When I see you were NED for so long, it makes me wonder just WHAT makes this thing rear its ugly head again :twisted: . Right now I am in a 'sweat' since we leave Monday for Bethesda and my own scans :? . I'll get results Wednesday.....hoping for NED again, but as YOU know, one really NEVER knows.

Will keep an eye out for those results, Barbara. I sure hope they are good.

Kasey

Barbara,

I will pray for good results from your scans. I am waiting with you. I have my appointment on Weds day. For the first time I don't mind the wait. Keep busy and try not to think about it, but don't miss your appointment.

Stay positive, :)

Ernie

Barbara,

Oh dear, I'm sorry about the pneumonia. Hopefully that will be a distant memory soon and your strength will be back!

Good luck with your scans -- we just did that wait thing last month for the umpteenth time. I don't worry so much anymore until the day of the results -- then I'm antsy. Tony never worries, he figures they are what they are. My SIL says that the older we get, the less we worry. I think she's right -- you and I are still young enough to worry!! :D

I'll be thinking of you this week.

Welthy