Just found out and I am scared

Dear Ray,

I am sorry to hear your wife has lung cancer, but your jumping the gun thinking you will be without her.

Look at my Profile below, I am a 12 year lung cancer survivor. (I was diagnosed LATE STAGE) There are MANY MANY MANY MANY LONG TERM Lung Cancer Survivors in this world, and some of them right here on this board.

Lung Cancer is NOT the death sentence it once USE to be. Things have changed and lung cancer is NOW treatable. Not for all of course, BUT FOR MANY!

Could you please share with us as much informtion about your wife's lung cancer as you can, or as much as you know about it? Such as what type does she have, what stage is it, her overall health, things like that. It only helps us to help you better.

Take a DEEP BREATH and turn your negative into a positive and say to yourself, "SHE CAN BEAT THIS!" Because the truth is, SHE CAN!

I hope you'll stay with us and let us walk the walk with you and let us offer you some very helpful information adn support both for you and your wife.

Best Wishes to you and your wife. Neither one of you are in this alone, we ALL know exactly how you feel. (((((((RAY & WIFE)))))

Ray,

If you will fill out a profile and tell us about your wife's diagnosis we can help you find information on treatment options. There are many long term survivors on this board. if your wife has a doctor telling her that treatment is not an option, I suggest that you find a new doctor ASAP! It doesn't ever hurt to get a second opinion.

Susan

At first I thought the same thing RAay. THen We had 3 more wonderful years together. THis is not a death sentence, just a change in lifestyle for a while. You have to think positive Ray!! You have a long road ahead of you with your wife. Let us know the details as they become available.

We can help with just about anything that6 gets thrown at you Folks. Just tell us as you find out things and We can help more but for now, THink positive. GEt all the fear and negativity out of your systems and get ready for the fight ahead.

Ray,

I am so sorry that this has happened. Please know that there are many who are fighting and doing well.

I found so much hope when I came here and read all the stories here.

Please let us know all the details so we can help you further! Have faith and hope!

Prayers to you and your family,

Dana

Hi Ray, I am so sorry for your wife's diagnosis, but please read the stories from all the people here that are LIVING with lung cancer. Many people will be happy to answer any questions you have. I'm sure that you and your wife are very scared right now, but you have come to a wonderful place for help, answers and support. Shelley

Of course you are scared--terrified even. As I was 6 YEARS AGO and many others were at diagnosis.

This is the place to turn for help and support. This is an amazing place, so we are here to assist.

gail

PS My son (in picture) was 7 when I was first diagnosed in 1993 with breast cancer. My 10th wedding anniversary was celebrated during radiation.

My son is now 21, and next year will be our 25th wedding anniversary.

Ray , welcome. I know what it was like to get the diagnosis, horrible, nightmare!

the good news is I was not early staged either but yesterday I celebrated my 60th birthday, years ago I thought I would never make 51!

when you find out, give us somemore details, what the plan is and keep us posted how you 2 are doing.

Donna G

Hi, Ray!

I'd like to add my welcome to the others you're received. Several have suggested that you start a diagnosis/treatment profile on behalf of your wife so we can give you more specific information. Here's how it's done:

Click on My Profile at the top of the screen, scroll down to Signature, and enter/update your information. Scroll down further, make sure Always attach my signature is marked Yes, then click Submit at the very bottom.

Aloha,

Ned

Ray,

Welcome to the site. We will give you all the support we can. There are people that live with lung cancer. I would plan on your wife being one of them. I was diagnosed in July 2005. I have had a couple of spots show up and I have started chemo again. I still have not had a sick day. More information would be a help. Keep us posted.

Stay positive, :)

Ernie

Thank you all very much for your kindness. I quess I just got scared. We have a PET test for 08/07/07. We should know more then. It may take me a little while to learn how the site work's. My wife doesn't know about this site yet. She is pretty scared too and does not want to talk about it very much. God bless all of you.

Ray

yourpainterray@msn.com

Of COURSE you got scared!! Been there for sure!

Why I fell in love with this site was because I could remain hidden. I could be on the site and read without anyone knowing who I was.

Be sure she knows the site address, and maybe in the middle of the night when she can't sleep, (and I had more than a few of those nights) she may start reading.

Or print up some of the stories for her to read.

Regardless of what she choses to do, you need a soft place to fall, and we are here.

gail