Surgery Scheduled 9-18-07

gdlemaire

Hi All,

First, I want to tell the new listers ... I am celebrating my 15th, yup, 15th year following original diagnosis with LC in Aug. 1992. This is the list of survivors and I pray we all will be for many years to come!

2nd, After finding a new primary LC - (type = rare BAC) 8 years after the last one in '99... I've visited more doctors, gone through so many tests, more blood work / sticks than a human could imagine / endure - except all of you on this listserve - I have finally gotten "the word", it's now time to be moving forward!

Case of the Month at Baylor / Dallas (2nd time) where all agreed "we can support surgery again for a 3rd and final time due to location of tumor". After a few tense minutes, hours and weeks, Thoracic Surgeon, Oncologist and Pulmonary Doc's have finally green lighted what they term "high risk" surgery. After they've consulted with several doctor's they all agree it is simply the best treatment for my 3rd BAC episode at stage 1B.

My tumor is (was in July) 3.7 x 1.7; too large for Gamma / Cyber Knife and Chemo is not indicated at this time. If BAC has not mutated to another type of NSCLC, then surgery will be it for me. I won't receive radiation; can't afford to damage the leftover piddly 'lil old lungs I've got. Of course, as for all of us, Chemo may be indicated once they "type" the cancer with a frozen section during surgery. Further, there are a few other nodules in both lungs that didn't "light up" on PET, but were identified on CT Scan.

I am having surgery finally, I'm glad something is happening in the treatment realm. Breathing pretty good at 45% capacity with 2 prior surgeries; predict I'll be at 33% after this operation. But, I'm like my Mom, feisty little thing (height, not girth!). Plus I am blessed with great family & friends. Did I mention I'm married to the actual, real, Prince Charming? Can't believe he hasn't run away screaming yet... So, I have many reasons and seasons to forge ahead.

If you can, please think positive thoughts and affirmations for me early in the morning of 9-18-07. If you pray or have access to a a prayer list, please include me... and send all of them right on upstairs to the man above!

For the Yid's on the list L'Shanna Tovah! G_d Bless you all.

Wow..amazing story...God Bless YOu and you certainly will be in my prayers and especially on the 18th...Much luck with your surgery and enough already!!!!

I happen to be/was BAC also...I could see now why they say 'rare and slow growing'..darn..after 8 yrs...but this is it...You did it before and you will do it again..Best of luck and good health for many many years to come...hugs...Nonni

Thank your for the New Year's greeting.

I am so sorry you are going through this again. :shock: But as I see from your attitude you will get through this with your attitude and the help of your wonderful family. :)

Still I know you are scared besides the operation you have the issue about the breathing capacity.

Yes, of course I will send you prayers!

Good luck and know we are also your family here and we are always here for you.

Maryanne