hi everybody

Christinex

I found out at the end of August that I have NSCLC adenocarcinoma. I am 36 years old and thought I was in reasonably good health despite smoking a few cigarettes a year. What a shock my diagnosis was. This Wednesday I'll be undergoing my 4th infusion of chemotherapy. I'm looking to meet other people who have this disease so we can share ideas and support one another.

Thanks,

Christine

Welcome. Your in the right place for support and information. Although some of us may not be in our 30's we are all in the same battle. I was 43 when I was dx.d (read profile below)

How are you doing with your treatments? We don't care here if you smoked or not. I guess at this stage of the game, who cares? I'm not going to shame you into feeling guilty! We also have a LOT of non smokers and Ex smokers that are dx.d with lung cancer. This really isn't just a smokers disease. Try NOT to beat yourself up over smoking. Sadly enough it's still LEGAL in this world to smoke, and in some area's still socially exceptiable.

None the less, lets just focus on you and how your doing and how we can help you.

Hi Christine,

I was diagnosed at 39 years old with stage IV adenocarcinoma, that was almost two years ago. You'll find that there are a lot of young people with this disease. This is a wonderful place to come for support. I wish you all the best in your treatments.

Tracy

Thanks for all the kind and supportive replies. I hate to use the word empowered but let's say I feel strengthened by knowing that there are so many people out there who are going through what I'm going through. It makes my load feel lighter. I can't remember off the top of my head but I know some of the drugs I'm being pumped with are taxol, carboplatin and avastin. I believe I'm a stage IIIb or IV. Honestly, I've been afraid to ask because I don't know if I'll be able to handle hearing that I'm a stage IV. In any case, I had some scans done this past week for restaging purposes so I'll find out Wednesday if there's any improvement. Wish me luck.

Christine

Hudson, FL

Hi Christine,

Sorry about your diagnosis. I have the same thing and have had 2 treatments so far. Same medicines as you. It really is wonderful to talk to people that have the same thing. If you ever want to talk via phone, just let me know.

I'll be praying for you,

Denise

Welcome Christine! I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis. You will find many people here who have responded well to the carb/taxol/avistin chemo. I pray that you are among them. In the meantime don't hesititate to ask questions or to let us help you with your fears. We will stand with you.

Susan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Christine,

Sorry about your diagnosis. I know you are scarred but this is a great place for info, comfort and support. You just can't find any people better than here. I have stage 4 adenocarcinoma too. After only 2 treatments of taxol,carboplatin and avastin, my tumor is almost 50% smaller, so if they find the right meds you'll do just find. If one doesn't work another one will. Keep a positive attitude and never give up hope. We are all here for you. Please keep us posted.

I will be praying for you,

Denise

Hi Christine-

Welcome to the place where noone ever wanted to be but the people are the best!!

This is a scary time in the beginning but once you know more and get a positive game plan in place, it will be easier for you. We will all be there to help you along the way.

Keep us posted!!

Hugs - Patti B.

HiChristine,

So glad you found us nut sorry you had to. As you see by all the posts people here really care and have walked in your shoes.

Even you are stage IV that is NOT a death sentence. Many people on here who were diagnoised with that stage are doing well today.

The chemos they are giving you seem right on. If you need questions about side effects etc. please ask.

When you get a chance please go up to the tope here and click on My profile and write what stage you are and what treatments you have had so far.

Please keep us posted. Keepa positive attitude as that is half the battle. You cannot win it without that.

And remember Faith doesn't get you around trouble, it gets you through it.

Maryanne