Celebrating 4 years survival with stage IV

terrih

I was dx 4 years ago this month with stage IV nsclc at the age of 40. At first, I visited this site often but have not been here for a long time.

I just wanted to offer hope to those who are newly diagnosed or are having setbacks. I'm still chasing the cancer around but I'm still here and feeling good. Feel free to visit my website at www.mybumpintheroad.com if you would like more details or would like to contact me.

Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS! I too know a few Stage IV lung cancer survivors of 5+ years, and they are doing just FINE! This monster CAN be controled.

I hope you'll take the time to share your story with us here at LCSC. We're a close knit family here and we love to have new long term lung cnacer members join us in offering support to all those wondrful folks who are just starting this battle. People like you and I are verr important to those just starting out.

I hope you'll take the time to share your story and will stay with us here at LCSC and become a member.

We need all the support and inspiration we can get! :wink:

Hello Terri,

WOW.. what struck me most about your site are the pictures! Throughout it all you never lost that smile and the determination! Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

I have to echo what Connie B has said. Please stick around, continue to share this amazing story with us all. HOPE is always a welcome addition here.

Warmly

Christine

Terri,

You are awesome! Thank you so much for your post. I too am battling Stage lV and you are an inspiration for me. I am nearing 2 years from diagnosis and am still receiving chemo but am feeling pretty good. I intend to be a long term survivor too! Thanks again!

God Bless,

Sharon

Thank you for posting this. My partner was dx in June 07 stage 4 and of course we have been horrified since. He has responded well to the taxol and carbo and is over the 6 treatments. He is also on Zometa and Avastin. He just started Tarceva 150mg.

We hoping you can lead the way for setting new records for survival that exceed the exising term and give us all hope.