Creating Another Memory UPDATED WITH SOME PICS

tkelley

Well, its Super Bowl Sunday and our Giants are there. This is going to be another day of creating a wonderful memory with my dad and family whether we win or lose. The New York Giants have always been the common thread in our family. I could go on and on about the crazy things we have done as Giants fans, some of them have even gotten us published in a book called "Those Crazy Giant Fans".

Some of the best times I've had with my dad have been at games and watching games. In fact, it was tapes of old games that got him through most of his surgeries and treatments for cancer. After his surgery for the laryngectomy he gave the staff New York Giant band-aids. I wrote to the team after that and they invited us to come to training camp that summer. We got to eat lunch with the team. It was another great New York Giant memory to share with my dad.

Two weeks ago during my dad's rough trip to NY, we were at my brother's watching the Giants beat the Packers. I sat right next to my dad and couldn't believe how this man just perked right up and smiled so much at the end. That morning you could've knocked him over with a feather but that night after they won, he looked like he had some of his color back.

So, here we are today and my family is coming over to watch the Super Bowl. I look at this day as such a gift. Whether its the last Super Bowl I watch with my dad, whether the Giants win or lose. I am going to soak in the moment and thank God that he is here today! Go Giants!!

Another miracle, Tammy!!!! You will have many more of them yet to share. You should get some pics of y'all having a good time and perhaps share some here. I LOVE pics. I'm for the Giants as well. Unfortunately whenever I am FOR a team, that must put a curse on them or something. So I'm not going to actualy say it OUT LOUD!!!

Give a 'hey' to dad from Fred and me and tell him we're rooting with him AND for him

Kasey

As a WIsconsinite and die hard Packer fan I can't believe I am saying this......but after reading your post even I can say I am glad they beat the Packers! Enjoy every moment...it truly is the little things we cherish most.

I also am cheering the Giants on!

YOur post is wonderful have a great family moment!

Dana

This is what I have been doing with my dad ever since he found out he has lc. I have spent Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and Superbowl Sunday with dad. We would have spent all these occasions together anyway, but it is bittersweet now. Such a mixed bag of emotions.

Now we await Valentines Day and the Daytona 500...and every other moment in between we can savor with our loved ones. It is devastating that it sometimes takes cancer to make us appreciate these holidays that we take for granted to just come and go each year. Here is to all the special memories we have already made and to all the ones that are yet to be had!!!

After the Packers got knocked out my dad was rooting for the Giants as well!!!

Hi Everyone!!

Just got sober enough to post :lol: Well, it was an incredible game and an incredible memory. I feel so blessed to be able to have it. We had a great time watching the game together and eating! Dad hasn't stopped watching ESPN and we sent him home with a copy of the game. When the Giants scored that last touchdown I knew all of your good wishes and thoughts were at work! There was a little magic sprinkled into that win!

Here's a link to some pics! Just click on "View Slideshow"

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=5q8 ... 1&y=mhoh9f

It was SOME game, wasn't it, Tammy? There were about 16 of us watching and it was so exciting.....the whole game. I will admit though, at the moment of victory, your dad was in my mind. I couldn't help but try to picture his exuberance over the outcome. So glad you have that in the portfolio of your mind. Go GIANTS!!!!!! Yeah! And thanks for the pics!!!! Love 'em.

Kasey

Tammy ....soooo happy for you guys and especially your Dad....I for sure was for the Giants...and when Eli threw the bomb with 35 seconds to go...I almost jumped thru the screen...yipppeeeee!!!!

So happy you and your family had a wonderful day...and thanks for the pics...they were great and I could squeese and squeese that precious baby...

sooooooo cute...

Take care and hey to your Dad...wishing him and all of you many more Super Bowls to come...

hugs...nonni