Tuesday nite Chat

RandyW

Push that chat button! :D go on! :shock: Just Do it! :wink: I double dog dare ya! :lol: Ya Knnow ya want to! :roll: Go ahead! :P ya got nothing to lose and everything to gain. :oops: Ya Never know!!! :wink::mrgreen:

Do I need to threaten to come into chat to get some action going? Ha -- usually I clear the room! :shock: I notice overall the board is much quieter lately too guys.

I've dropped into chat over the past couple of weeks and nobody's home. Y'all going to bed early nowadays? I'm way behind on my martini count! :roll:

Welthy

Its all those Danged Politicians faults. :evil: Everyone wanted to see Super tuesday Primary coverage last nite I think. :roll: I was back from 915 to almost 10 wiht bruce and Thelma and No one showed up. :(

Holy cow...I take a break from coming to chat and the place falls apart without me, people quit showing up, less drinking. I taught you guys better than that.

Just been busy as heck, and now, Hockey starts next Tuesday so I doubt I'll be able to make it. That is until I break something, then I'll be back to you sooner than you would wish.

Yeah JB -- there is a break-point (all pun intended) where men have to give up their games. Tony discovered that when he ended up on crutches after a pick-up basketball game at a relatives house when he was about 45 or so.

Somewhere along the line it dawns on you guys that you can't do this stuff forever. Then again, Tony was back playing touch-football at 63. So, sometimes you guys never grow up! :roll: Be safe and enjoy John, it's good for you to get out and be active.

Don't forget the American Idol factor on Tuesdays is now in effect too!

Welthy

Well Ry, therein lies the problem...Dad loves hockey. Played street hockey all the time growing up. Has been ice skating a couple times...Never actually played ice hockey. So I'm taking an adult instructional course that will hopefully teach me how to skate well enough to play ice hockey. 6 weeks of instruction 12 weeks of games.

In addition, once Jack sees Daddy doind it, he'll want to do it. They start them out at the local rink at 4 y.o., so next year at this time, he'll be out there I'm sure. I'm already teaching him how to drop the gloves correctly. We've also worked on hooking, slashing, and cross checking in the living room as well.

I can't help but add to the hockey discussion. I don't think you have to be much of a skater to play hockey. My husband played on his HS team and played intermural hockey at the U. of Minn. - where everyone is above average and plays hockey. He isn't much of a skater at all. Of course, he was playing goalie. Maybe you do need to skate to be able to do the exciting stuff.

Ry, I don't see an explanation for your minimal attendance and then absence in the chat room on Tuesday. [Her excuse was too many phone calls.]

I was also there for a short time (40 min.), but had to leave to watch the tv coverage of the primaries. At least that's an intellectual activity. :roll:

Muriel

JB,

I started playing ice hockey at age 36!!!! Never skated in my life.

Took an 8 week class to learn how to skate, then jumped right into playing in a league.

Alan will not come watch me play as there are no women's leagues in

my area so I play with the men. Makes him even more

nervous because I play defense so I am right in the

middle of the action. I love it !!!!!