Mom's PET scan tomorrow!!!

shineladysue

It was May 2nd ,2007 that Mom had two very small tumors removed, by wedge section, from her right lung. She tried to do Tarceva after to follow up, but had extremely bad side effects.. Mom is allergic to everything it seems. She opted to not try any other chemo. She had a PET scan last July and it showed everything clear and then numerous chest xrays. The last chest xray was in October and all was NED. Tomorrow she will go for a PET scan. We won't get the results until her oncologist appt on March 7th. We are all a bit nervous over this scan , plus she had a mammogram this past Friday which we haven't heard from yet either. I would appreciate any and all positive thoughts and prayers for good results. Thank you for always being here for us.

Love,

Sue

Of course you know you've got whatever you need, Sue. I've got many prayers and good wishes for mom. Boy, it is a long time before she gets any results. That has to be the prize winner for wait time! Sorry about that. Guess it will be some time before we hear anything. Glad we can all wait with you.

Love,

Kasey

Add my prayers to the list. She has done so well so far, no reason to think that just won't keep happening. The waiting is awful though and most people here have gone through that. And I would also say that you folks in states seem very lucky with your access to PET scans. Seem much more common place than where I live. So something to be thankful for.

I want to thank everyone for their positive thoughts and prayers. I know that it seems like a long time before she gets results. The reason is that the appointment for the oncologist was set first ( back in December) and then the appointment for the scan was made last week. Mom could call and try to get results as early as tomorrow, but I think she wants to stay in that little "comfort zone" of no news is good news for just a while longer. She knows that if the scans show anything it will present her with a challenge that she feels she isn't physically able to meet. It's all so complicated and it's about choices that each of us have to make for ourselves. Overall, she is doing well and feels good. She has no symptoms to make us concerned. For now , we wait, but it would certainly be nice if the scan is good if the oncologist would let her know. Who knows, maybe he will. If not , we wait til the 7th of March. I know if anyone can understand it would be all of you.

One more thing , before I go, I have to say that my sister is a god send. She lives with my Mom and Dad and it is she who spends her every waking moment catering to their needs. She is a wonderful sister and daughter to my parents.

To all of you, thank you for being here as many of you have been in the past with Mike and I . It means so much.

Love,

Sue