Getting to Know You - April 10

Ann

That's very funny Ann-- I live in Michigan where last week it was in the 60's and now it may snow this weekend. I have some things coming up, tulips and hyacinths but they haven't bloomed. I am so ready for flowers.

Ann,

Not because they have been cared for, but just because they are there... I have two camellia bushes that just bloomed so full of blooms that they look like giant bouquets. I also have a Forsythia bush or what is left of one that is still full of color. That's about it. The small patch of daffodils has shriveled.

Sue

I had to get rid of all of my plants when I moved into this apartment except two Chrismas Cactus. I left them with a neighbor while I was gone for two months. They were just starting to bloom and moving them didn't set well. When I got them back my other neighbors cat up rooted one while I had it out in the hall. Now all of a sudden they like the environment and are blooming in April instead of December :!:

Ann-

The forsythia is blooming and the crocuses and the daffodils will be blooming soon (altho supposed to snow Sunday night :cry:). My Helleborus is huge and blooming, too. My bluebells would have been blooming except that the deer once again came up from the creek and ate them to the ground the other night!!! D%mn you Bambi!!!! :shock:

Hugs - Patti B.

Well, where I live, Victoria, BC Canada, is called the "city of gardens". The better question for us would be what spring flower is not in bloom right now. It is the most beautiful time of the year to me, all the flowers, shrubs and trees in bloom. And the grass is green, green, green. In February, the eager beavers are even out mowing them!! Also in February, we have an "annual flower count" where everyone counts the flowers in bloom in their yards and phones it in. Really just to gloat to the rest of the country. The rest of the country will catch up fast though!

Hope everyone is enjoying a taste of spring wherever the live.