The end is near..

MsC1210

I am home for a bit and wanted to update.

Mom called this morning and said that Jerry had a terrible night. I went straight down and have been there all day. The difference from 48 hours ago is more than just shocking.

The Hospice nurse came in and we have now stopped all medications except for the morphine which is now in liquid form and his xanax under the tongue. Both are now being given every hour. The nurse took me aside and asked if my Mom realized what was going on and I explained that she has been in serious denial. We decided that it was time to sit her down and try and prepare her as the nurse has informed us that the dying process has begun and it is simply a matter of time.

We have met with the funeral director and gotten the preliminary details out of the way. What a heartwrenching ordeal to be planning someones funeral as they lay dying in the next room. I don't think I will ever, ever recover from this and be the same again.

I am not sure how much longer we have but it is very, very near the end.

I will try and update as I get the chance.

Love and hugs

Chris

(((Chris)))

I am so terribly sorry for this. I hoped so much that Jerry would rebound.

I don't want to call you now while you are at your moms. Give me a call later if you need a friend to talk to.

I am just so sorry.

Hugs - Patti B.

Oh Chris

This is heartbreaking to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with you to give you all the strength you will need to get through this. May God be kind to Jerry.

Denise

Chris - I am so very, very sorry. I really didn't think things would progress so quickly and I prayed that Jerry would have much more time with your mom and the rest who love him.

Please know I am thinking of you all and wishing the outcome would have been different.

Hugs,

Linda